• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help!: DAC Lavaudio DS400 rca connection?

shot4d

Hello
I have a question, I want to buy a Dac to join it as my smsl amplifier with RCA cable.
but my budget now is not much to buy an expensive DAC, I already had a problem with the D10s topping and I didn’t like it, especially because of the problem it has of distortion because it is only powered by a usb cable to the pc and it doesn’t have a separate power supply.
I also found the E30 topping but I have to buy a 5v adapter and with that extra plus the shipment from Amazon to my country everything comes out at 180 dollars, and my budget does not reach that point.
So I found this Dac that I have been told very well about and it is the Lavaudio DS400, but there is a problem and that is that this dac does not have an RCA output, it only has an RCA output coaxial yellow and I don’t know if it’s digital or analog.
1.jpg

I want to connect it with my smsl sp200 amplifier, so I searched amazon for a 1 RCA to 2 RCA cable: https://www.amazon.com/-/es/gp/product/B097BL1R28/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=AQJZW6JIGRNUD&th=1

and my question is if that connection can work with my amplifier smsl sp200??

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Coax out certainly is digital.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Looks you would need to use one of the headphone jacks on the other side with an rca adapter. I don't see any other analog outputs.

Zek

Major Contributor
@shot4d Why would you even use the SP200 which is a headphone amplifier when you already have headphone outputs on the DS400?

Top Bottom