• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help!! connection of PreAmp to Dongle Dac, does it work?

shot4d

hello
I have a question.
I have ordered the S.M.S.L SP 200 amplifier from Amazon at a good price and I just need a good dac that supports native MQA and DSD, but they are expensive and I only have 90 dollars, so I decided to buy a dac dongle and bought the Linsoul Audirect Atom2 MQA, and what i want to do is connect atom2 as a dac to computer and connect smsl sp200 amp with RCA to 3.5mm cable to atom2 dac dongle, because i need more amplification for my headphones.
My question is if this smsl sp200 amp connection to Atom2 dac dongle with the RCA to 3.5mm cable could work? Would the audio quality be affected?

Linsoul Audirect Atom2 MQA:

RCA to 3.5mm:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
The RCA to 3.5mm will work fine. Probably.

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This will work. I did the exact same thing years ago, with a Stoner Acoustics USB dongle DAC. 3.5mm to RCA-split to a headphone amp. Make sure you set Windows volume to 100% and control the actual volume with the amp.

Zek

Major Contributor
Linsoul Audirect Atom2 MQA
I would bypass this for comments like that.
Here you can find something that interests you ...

Top Bottom