• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help choose an amplifier with a dac

Ruslan35

please tell me which of these amplifier options will sound best? I will connect my TV via optical cable, and my phone via Bluetooth. I have 4 ohm floor speakers. options that I consider primarily in the form of a finished product:
FX-Audio d802c Pro
I. AM. D v200bt
Alientek D8
But the problem is that about each of them I saw something bad in the reviews.
As another option (but it is more expensive and there is already doubt to pay so much money for the Chinese class d) there is a new version from FX-Audio D2160

D2160

If all of the above does not give me good sound quality, I am considering options to assemble the amplifier myself from the modules. but that’s only if you tell me that I’ll get a really big difference in sound since I don’t really want to build. assembly options are
1. ICEpower 125 board
2. 3e audio TPA3255 board and 3e audio power board
+ one of the aliexpress DAC boards
And one of the most important questions for me to which I can not find the answer. if you compare any of those options that I described above with a ready-made proprietary amplifier yamaha a-s301, which side will have the best sound quality?

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Topping all-in-one measured good (better than others). I have Alientek D8, and it does sound decent if you feed it thru analog input (and upgrade power supply). If I had a little more money, I'd get a separate DAC (Modi 3, Topping D30, Khadas) and IcePower or some other Class-D amp.

sajunky

As Bluetooth streaming is your primary use, don't think about a proper DAC, you can add it later.
Get one of these IcePower modules assembled starting from $170 and for the beginning one of these Bluetooth 5 devices, there are numbers to chose:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32975647078.html

Some other member posted the link, but I liked it, so I feel it is fine to distrubute around without mentioning a name (forgotten). :cool: The device cost around $25, it can be configured for streaming or receiving, it can be used on the road when your DAC is upgraded.

BillG

Major Contributor
I. AM. D v200bt

The I.AM.D V200 is very capable for its price, and I happen to own one, which I've retired a few months back - Not because there was anything wrong with it, though. Below is a performance analysis someone on another forum ran on it - the AlienTek D8 and FX Audio D802 are on the first one for a comparison:

By the way, the folks over at diyAudio seem to just love the thing:

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/280228-am-v200-fx-audio-d802-optimisation-tpa3116.html

comparaison.png

v200d.png

v200r.png

pwjazz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The I.AM.D V200 is very capable for its price, and I happen to own one, which I've retired a few months back - Not because there was anything wrong with it, though. Below is a performance analysis someone on another forum ran on it - the AlienTek D8 and FX Audio D802 are on the first one for a comparison:

By the way, the folks over at diyAudio seem to just love the thing:

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/280228-am-v200-fx-audio-d802-optimisation-tpa3116.html

View attachment 30804
View attachment 30805
View attachment 30806

Thanks for the tip. I got one which just came in. I love the form factor and it seems to have plenty of power for my bookshelf speakers, so I'm happy. The volume control is a bit slow but that keeps my toddler from hijacking up the volume at the flick of a wrist so it's a win.

Edit - the headphone out jack works to feed my powered subwoofer too so I'm good there as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom