• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help: Can you identify this connector?

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I want to link multiples of these and it would be really convenient to construct a separate board to do that. However, that would require buying several sockets as shown on the PCB at the bottom and at least one additional ribbon connector.

Thanks.
Ribbon A.jpg

TimW

Major Contributor
Looks like some sort of JST connector. If you can measure the pin to pin spacing it will be easier to narrow down which type of JST it is. On the wikipedia page I linked there is a table showing the various types.

TimW

Major Contributor
I would bet it has a spacing of 2.5mm and is a JST XH connector. It could instead be a 2.0mm JST PH connector though.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

astr0b0y

These are used heavily for battery cell balancing connectors in the RC hobby industry. Hobby King has a vast selection of pre-made and pin/plug kits that should allow you to make up whatever you like.

Looks like JST-XH to me as TimW mentioned.

OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Makes sense. I wasn't aware of 2.8 as a standard pitch, hence the remark about the ruler. Just a bit of photographic distortion in the reference shot.
Yes. The ruler was farther from the lens than the connectors.

Top Bottom