• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help buying HD800S! Need someone who speaks German!

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.quoka.de

1592441201949.png

OP
Racheski

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks guys, this is probably a scam. I forgot the golden rule, "If it's too good to be true, then it probably is."

Vladecrni

Thanks guys, this is probably a scam. I forgot the golden rule, "If it's too good to be true, then it probably is."
How much was it if you don´t mind me asking?
I´m also looking to buy one, saw yesterday on German eBay for 500€, wondering if it is the same one. Both seem gone today

solderdude

Grand Contributor
E 980.-asking price.
When shipping overseas and insured costs will add up anyway to over $ 1300 I reckon. For a second hand one.
I do speak German and could forward it but live to far away to collect it before buying it for someone else.

For this amount I would only buy it when I could hold it in my hand and listen to it.

Vladecrni

E 980.-asking price.
When shipping overseas and insured costs will add up anyway to over $ 1300 I reckon. For a second hand one.
I do speak German and could forward it but live to far away to collect it before buying it for someone else.

For this amount I would only buy it when I could hold it in my hand and listen to it.

Well how much do you think a used Headphone should cost :O :O ? I`m not trying to sound like a jerk, but asking seriously.

Buying something used for more than 60% of its value is pointless for me.. I am actually hoping to get some for 650-750€ - that is how much I would sell them for if I was selling. And I see them often for 850€ here in Luxembourg. I will sell my 6xx for 75€ after that.

Is there anything that I should be pay special attention to when I do buy one of these?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I paid about € 750 for a secondhand HD800 a few years ago, with some small cosmetic flaws and included a new headband but without box.
Had to replace the headphone cable as the stock one was horrendous (stiff, heavy, long)
2 years ago I saw one for € 500.- but don't need a backup.

Would check it for accesories, pad and headband wear.
Sennheiser foam in headband and pads may wear quickly and replacing it with originals is quite expensive.

Have seen HD800S selling secondhand between € 1000 and € 1200 lately.

OP
Racheski

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How much was it if you don´t mind me asking?
I´m also looking to buy one, saw yesterday on German eBay for 500€, wondering if it is the same one. Both seem gone today
Yup that was the same one!

Top Bottom