• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help burning CDs with Windows media player

beagleman

Major Contributor
I have used Media player for years and it works great for what I use it for, ripping parts of my CD collection, but recently found in my folder called "MUSIC FILES" that almost all albums are saved AS an album, but several I did recently were saved as individual WAV files of EACH track.

What is causing the recent ones to be separate tracks and not in the Album FOLDER?
musicfiles.jpg

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
I don't use Windows Media Player but ImgBurn can use a Cue Sheet to burn the listed files, no matter where they are located. (But I assume you want to move them to an album folder.)

A cue sheet is simply a text file with a .CUE extension. It can be tedious but I usually start with known good one and edit it.

If you rip with EAC or CueRipper you'll automatically get a cue sheet. And both of these normally create an album folder. (I don't know if WMP can create a cue sheet or burn from one.)

EAC and CueRipper also support AccurateRip which compares your rip to a database to tell you if you have a ripping error.

Katji

Major Contributor
You changed a setting in Preferences - or Settings (whatever WMP calls it.)

So now you need to create a subfolder with the album name and move those files into it.

Then check the settings on the Burning/Ripping tab of the Settings/Preferences Or else it is a setting/option on the burning/ripping dialog, when you initiate the process.
(I'll check mine now...i'm not familiar with it, because i've never used it...because, like DVDdoug says...)

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
...There is no option other than the base music folder to rip to.

1658701858370.png

In your screenshot image there...

Why are those track files and album folders in the root drive C: instead of the Music folder?

Then look at the screenshot of my Rip Music settings... Rip music to this location... D:\Music
Yours is set to C:
Change it to Music
Then at least they will be in the Music folder, even if the album folders are not creating. (Adding a whole lot of files to the root is a bad thing...)

Last edited:
OP
B

beagleman

Major Contributor
...There is no option other than the base music folder to rip to.

View attachment 220285

In your screenshot image there...

Why are those track files and album folders in the root drive C: instead of the Music folder?

Then look at the screenshot of my Rip Music settings... Rip music to this location... D:\Music
Yours is set to C:
Change it to Music
Then at least they will be in the Music folder, even if the album folders are not creating. (Adding a whole lot of files to the root is a bad thing...)
Oh part of the screenshot is missing, it is in a folder on desktop named "Music"
newmusic.jpg

OP
B

beagleman

Major Contributor
I am trying an experiment now. I deleted one CD that DID Rip correctly, and Re-Ripping it to see it it works now.

I noticed ALL the ones that did not file into an album format are classical, and maybe has something to do with that....

Katji

Major Contributor
Just naming a folder Music does not make it a Music folder.

Look at your Library in WMP. Which folder/s are designated as Music folders.

You can designate any folder as type Music. (Customize... set as Music.)
That OneDrive is not ...or it would show columns related to music, not those default columns it is showing. It would show Title, for a start. Album, Album Artist and so on.

But OneDrive ? ! OneDrive is ms cloud storage.
Take a look here:
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=onedrive
Why?

OP
B

beagleman

Major Contributor
Here is the odd thing. In WMP, everything looks all okay. It is ONLY when I access the actual file folder where the music is stored, that I have this separation of WAVE SOUND files and normal Music FILE FOLDERS>>....And I did RIPPED one and it Was fine THIS TIME. It only seems to be SOME classical music....Never pop or rock recordings EVER.
music.jpg

Katji

Major Contributor
This started when you started with OneDrive, right?

Top Bottom