• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help and ideas for ASR Merchandize

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In the 70s my suits were flannel. Baseball uniform I mean -- I was just a kid. Now those are polyester too I guess.

soundwave76

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I generally don’t like/wear brown but that design and color tone looks great!

Wombat

Master Contributor

Are those Tees 'worn-in'? Crumple zone.
Wink.gif

typericey

"Give me the bit, don't argue with me!"

"I'm not here for the argument, I don't care.... Leave me alone"

@amirm is HILARIOUS. I want those on a T-Shirt.

Those bits are from 1 hr 48:30 min in his interview:

In this vid, @amirm was wearing an ASR logo sweater. Probably a one of one limited edition. Saw the logo when he shifted on his seat around the 58 min mark.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
In this vid, @amirm was wearing an ASR logo sweater. Probably a one of one limited edition. Saw the logo when he shifted on his seat around the 58 min mark.
Yes, that is one of the two sweaters my wife embroidered for me on her machine. Vectorizing the logo was a pain in her software and took her a long time to stich them on her consumer machine.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Yes, that is one of the two sweaters my wife embroidered for me on her machine. Vectorizing the logo was a pain in her software and took her a long time to stich them on her consumer machine.

Converting raster to vector can be accomplished without too much difficulty with the right software

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Vectorizing the logo was a pain in her software and took her a long time to stich them on her consumer machine.

Surely Audio Precision have a super expensive APX-555 option for vectorizing logos and interfacing to sewing machines? ;)

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I usually tend to minimalism (so the idea of just a simple small ASR logo seems legit to me) but I'm also bothered about some designs that would have some "more potential" to raise attention/curiosity of "non audio" folks in case they see such apparel in public...
I was thinking about some more complex "meme" shirts (maybe later) but also some ideas in a minimal manner (simple text, some "audiophile" picture/myth warps..).

Ok, not really for mass crowd target but I have to add at least something :)
hires data small.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Converting raster to vector can be accomplished without too much difficulty with the right software
It is not regular vectorization. The thread runs continuously and so can create massive tangles if not optimized. There is no "pick up and start there." There will be a thread between end of one vector and the start of the other.

The machine comes with its own software that does this optimization or at least attempts to do it. She had to help it along a ton. Stuff looks correct on screen but it is entirely different matter when it tries to stitch it. Overstiching is a problem also as it can create wrinkles. On screen again this is not an issue.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
It is not regular vectorization. The thread runs continuously and so can create massive tangles if not optimized. There is no "pick up and start there." There will be a thread between end of one vector and the start of the other.

Our threads on ASR run continuously too, that is, until they get massively tangled and locked by @BDWoody. I hereby name him, Chief Untangler. ;)

OK, I'll shut-up now.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I keep hearing or reading idiots who say that we at ASR don't listen to <insert thing under test here>, that we are only interested in measurements. I have long believed that ASR members listen to music - not capacitors, resistors, inductors, wires, insulation, connectors, fuses, tubes, ethernet switches, power outlets, ad infinitum. We use science and measurements to choose equipment that allows us to listen to the recording as the artist or mastering engineer intended it to sound and not colored by poorly measuring things.

So how about a slogan/tag line for Audio Science Review merch:
At ASR, we listen to music, not things.

Martin

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My tagline at Audioholics is

"Beating the subjective audiophile with the generic zip cord of logic since 1999"

Another of mine "I hear that if you beat your kids with expensive audio cables they listen better"

Well maybe not the 2nd one... But you are welcome to the first. Just adjust the date with the year you started this great endeavor.

BillG

Major Contributor
A tee shirt:

The initials "ASR" centered at chest/breast level;

The gear logo centered an inch or inch and a half below the initials;

The question "Do you even science?" centered two to four inches below the logo... :p

Yasuo

ASR stickers with various decibel values.

Banana, RCA, XLR branded with the ASR logo.

A bunch of funny stuff which does nothing, but has great snake oil names like: audiophile conductor, signal harvester, noise purifier, musical enhancer, soul retriever, airy refiner, emotion promoter etc. And a page where we can post reviews as essays about how crucial the change was...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks. That is a lot more options there which I like. Alas, I put in fair bit of work in the T-spring thing and I don't think there was much uptake. So not sure if it is worth the effort to sign up with another seller.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Alas, I put in fair bit of work in the T-spring thing and I don't think there was much uptake. So not sure if it is worth the effort to sign up with another seller.
Ah, that's surprising and a shame as I thought ASR merchandise would be popular with members.

I'd be pretty keen on a few ASR mugs and water bottles. :)

JSmith

Top Bottom