• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help and ideas for ASR Merchandize

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Ah, that's surprising and a shame as I thought ASR merchandise would be popular with members.

I'd be pretty keen on a few ASR mugs and water bottles. :)

JSmith
I think the problem is that I don't promote them. If I did promote them, I get accused of trying to make money as that is such a money maker for a lot of youtubers.

MCH

Major Contributor
I see ASR logos in vendor's websites like audiophonics or allo (?). They could be kind and return you the favor with some sponsored stuff

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I see ASR logos in vendor's websites like audiophonics or allo (?). They could be kind and return you the favor with some sponsored stuff
And that I think is precisely not the direction @amirm wants to go too. It should be users sponsored, not companies. Selling T-shirts and mugs does exactly that, so seems a good way to do it.

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'd buy an ASR shirt, depending on the design. I'm a merch designer, and have designed so many shirts, longsleeves, hoodies and god knows what (with thousands of SKU's sold world-wide, but now I'm just bragging :p ), so I'll make a fun mockup this week and post it here, for inspiration. :)

MCH

Major Contributor
And that I think is precisely not the direction @amirm wants to go too. It should be users sponsored, not companies. Selling T-shirts and mugs does exactly that, so seems a good way to do it.
My bad, thought it was like something to put in the box when tested gear goes back to owners and stuff like that

JSmith

Master Contributor
I think the problem is that I don't promote them.
Another forum I frequent has a small banner at the top about merchandise which members can close if they wish and one thread about the products people have ordered. It's mostly done there as a favour to members, the owner makes pittance off the merchandise itself.
If I did promote them, I get accused of trying to make money as that is such a money maker for a lot of youtubers.
True and I understand this concern... maybe best not to promote them in videos in that case. Also, make it clear that any funds raised simply go into the forum donations to assist with hosting and return postage costs for reviewed user products. I wouldn't personally view that as a major money making exercise... but then trolls will troll too I suppose.

Any accusations of impropriety, myself and other supporting members will jump on them for you anyway mate. :cool:

JSmith

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
My bad, thought it was like something to put in the box when tested gear goes back to owners and stuff like that
This is something I like to do.

JSmith

Master Contributor
This is something I like to do.
After a test and teardown you could put a little sticker (like they do to try and stop people opening products to scare them about voiding warranty) that says tested and verified by ASR. Could become a thing... a mark of approval that becomes highly sought after. Some sole subjectivist types may even start to believe the product sounds better with that sticker. ;)

JSmith

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
After a test and teardown you could put a little sticker (like they do to try and stop people opening products to scare them about voiding warranty) that says tested and verified by ASR. Could become a thing... a mark of approval that becomes highly sought after. Some sole subjectivist types may even start to believe the product sounds better with that sticker. ;)
Must have holographic stickers :cool: They sound much better!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

JSmith
That's exactly the idea. I think owners deserve such a stick after going through the trouble of sending me something. If someone can help design such, i will buy and get started with it.

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That's exactly the idea. I think owners deserve such a stick after going through the trouble of sending me something. If someone can help design such, i will buy and get started with it.

Would you like a sticker for every tier ("poor", "not terrible", "fine", "good") or just one for the "ASR recommended" tier?

Vacceo

Major Contributor
In Scientia veritas, in arte honestas. I think that summarizes the right attitude towards analysis: truth is in science, subjective opinions should have honest disclosure.

Robin L

Master Contributor
"ASR: A 12-step program for recovering audiophiles."

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Would you like a sticker for every tier ("poor", "not terrible", "fine", "good") or just one for the "ASR recommended" tier?
Just a generic sticker to indicate the device was tested by ASR. I don't know that the owner would want a stick that says the thing didn't perform well. :)

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Just a generic sticker to indicate the device was tested by ASR. I don't know that the owner would want a stick that says the thing didn't perform well. :)
Not generic. It needs a pink background.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You can have one of those QA stickers with spots where you can punch out a bit to indicate a date or the state of a device. One can adopt that to reflect the review score.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Just a generic sticker to indicate the device was tested by ASR. I don't know that the owner would want a stick that says the thing didn't perform well.

It's gotta be tamperproof with a groovy hologram, like those old Microscoft WIndows COAs, so people don't peel them off and sell them on the side for attaching to PS Audio or Ciunas DACs... ;)

Top Bottom