• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help advise on Speaker and Headphone for PC

KantoLiving

Audio Company

ZolaIII I think I would settle with a Kanto yu6 or tuk... would like to ask does the kanto yu6 or tuk benefit from a DAC/AMP?​

Not necessary to get a DAC with TUK as it has an all-digital signal path meaning digital audio gets fed directly into the amp. Adding a DAC would just add one more unnecessary conversion as audio would go from digital > analog > digital. The YU6 has a traditional amp design so it may benefit from an external DAC rather than using the internal optical DAC. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about our speakers.

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not necessary to get a DAC with TUK as it has an all-digital signal path meaning digital audio gets fed directly into the amp. Adding a DAC would just add one more unnecessary conversion as audio would go from digital > analog > digital. The YU6 has a traditional amp design so it may benefit from an external DAC rather than using the internal optical DAC. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about our speakers.
For nearfield desktop on a budget, I'm a big fan of good active speakers like this (or Kali) - the vertical integration of the amplifier, DAC and pre-amp gives you more bang for the buck and the audio performance is likely better than a similarly priced setup with separates because vertical integration.

Top Bottom