• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help about SMSL M500 screen replacement

TVDHVN

The screen of my SMSL M500 is having a problem, I want to replace it but don't know what kind of screen it is, and how to remove it, can someone please guide me

Biểu tượng Cộng đồng đã xác minh
Help about SMSL M500 screen

jpgolding

A new screen can be sourced by contacting SMSL. The procedure for changing it involves heating the front glass panel to around 80 degrees C and pulling gently with a suction cup until one corner lifts up, then inserting a plastic pry tool or guitar plectrum and working it gently around until the glass comes free. The LCD itself isn't stuck down and connects via a small ribbon cable with a push-fit connector (similar to changing a phone screen).

Sokel

Master Contributor
Beware to not use hair dryers and stuff like this as it will bend or disfigure the rest of the front.

Top Bottom