• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

help a newbie

pewtersilver989

will a focusrite scarlett solo be able to run the beyerdynamic dt770 250 ohm version? if not any recommendation to something where i can plug both my mic and my headphones in?

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
will a focusrite scarlett solo be able to run the beyerdynamic dt770 250 ohm version?
I assume you are wondering if the Scarlett Solo has enough power to drive your headphones. The rated headphone output of the Scarlett Solo is 7 dBu. Since the Beyerdynamic is 250 ohm, you get an "additional 4" dB. The rated sensitivity of the DT 770 pro is 96 dB, thus the maximum sound level you can with the Scarlett Solo get is 107 dB SPL.

If that's not enough, you can get a headphone amp, e.g. JDS Labs Atom, and insert between the Scarlett Solo and your DT 770. The Atom can put out 250 mW into 300 ohm, and will give you 120 dB SPL max loudness.

Top Bottom