• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hello!!

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hey! No one told me I needed an excuse! Do you mean to tell me that all this time I've been ignorant without any excuse?????? :eek: :eek: :D :D

Jim

p.s. - Sorry. I forgot my manners. Welcome to ASR, @Emie !
It's O.K... you didn't know that you were ignorant, so you're excused. (Ok... ok... I'm going... no need to get pushy.. :facepalm:)
1679511298800.jpeg

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You aren’t the fastest milkman in the west , by any chance.
Welcome,
Keith

ferrellms

Hello, My name is Emie. I'm new to the forum. Hoping to gain more knowledge. Please excuse my ignorance. Thank you!!!
Hi Ernie - lots of interesting and useful stuff here! The best audio forum!

But, BE SKEPTICAL - number and length of posts and advanced technical expertise on a topic do not guarantee validity or helpfulness of posts.

A significant amount of the stuff here, although put forward honestly, is misinformation, driven by various biases, non-repeatable subjective test auditions, other's opinions, "I read somewhere that...", faulty research, ego (I own it or would get it if I could afford it - it must be the best) and oddball and disproven audio religion (vinyl sounds better, file compression ruins the sound, etc.).

And a significant amount of the stuff here is informative and right on and presented with expertise and free.

Learn the measurements and what they mean and trust them first!

Last edited:

JayGilb

Major Contributor
Hi Ernie - lots of interesting and useful stuff here! The best audio forum!

But, BE SKEPTICAL - number and length of posts and advanced technical expertise on a topic do not guarantee validity or helpfulness of posts.

A significant amount of the stuff here, although put forward honestly, is misinformation, driven by various biases, non-repeatable subjective test auditions, other's opinions, "I read somewhere that...", faulty research, ego (I own it or would get it if I could afford it - it must be the best) and oddball and disproven audio religion (vinyl sounds better, file compression ruins the sound, etc.).

And a significant amount of the stuff here is informative and right on and presented with expertise and free.

Learn the measurements and what they mean and trust them first!
Wow - an internet site that is like the internet.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Wow - an internet site that is like the internet.
Where the socially uncomfortably congregate. The likes of which you have seen many times before. Uniquely quirky and eccentric. We suffer from the same ills found anywhere humans congregate. We try to remain focused on the Music while at the same time turning knobs and sliding levers and pounding out reply’s and untethered thoughts. :cool:

Last edited:

JayGilb

Major Contributor
Where the socially uncomfortable congregate. The likes of which you have seen many times before. Uniquely quirky and eccentric. We suffer from the same ills found anywhere humans congregate. We try to remain focused on the Music while at the same time turning knobs and sliding levers and pounding out reply’s and untethered thoughts. :cool:
I come from a technical background and that helped me filter out the misinformation and it didn't take me too long find the core of technically competent ASR members whose advice I seek out. On other audio sites I visit, it's almost forbidden to question certain members without either being banned or attacked, but that's what I love about ASR, whether it's Amir or any of the other audio/electronic experts who make a disputable claim, it's rightly called out into the open for discussion.

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Where the socially uncomfortably congregate. The likes of which you have seen many times before. Uniquely quirky and eccentric. We suffer from the same ills found anywhere humans congregate. We try to remain focused on the Music while at the same time turning knobs and sliding levers and pounding out reply’s and untethered thoughts. :cool:
Hmmm.... "One of Us..."
OIG..PS11VSfmV44v9xayKFZ

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hoping to gain more knowledge.
Hi Emie,
How is it going so far?
Around the 10th week, we usually give new members a final exam on Audio101.
Are you ready, yet!;)

PS. You don't have to remember "The square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides!"

Top Bottom