• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hello There - New member from Poland - dynamic/planar/electrostatic I love them all!

donpablo

Hello to all brilliant users here ;) You have great threads about DAC/Amps. Much more insight than on head-fi :p
This is way I decided to register.

I came here with Aune S6 as my primary DAC that I use in belows 2 sets:
Aune S6 -> XLR interconnectors -> Little Dot MK3 SE -> Kennerton Magister Pro/Hifiman HE-560 (both with XLR cable too)
Aune S6 -> iFi iTube2 -> Stax 252s -> Stax L300 (modded)

I also have DragonFly Red, Taga Harmony HTA-700B v2 and Oknyo Tx-8150 (which I currently use for my TV with Taga Azure B-40 v2 speakers).

Mostly I am headphones oriented (Beyerdynamics dt990 250Ohm, Beyerdynamics Amiron, Focal Elear - those headphones are not with me anymore, Aune T1 mk2 - this dac/amp too).

Currently I am awaiting a package with Kaldas Research RR1 Conquest electrostatic headphones and soon I will most surely want to upgrade my old Aune S6 to something better that will give me 'level up' feeling - so I hope you will help me with this here ;)

Once again,
HELLO!

ps. I love good blues, blues-rock, rock n roll and some jazzy stuff, some electronic, some instrumental, mostly very many genres of music :D

Last edited:

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Kaldas RR1 Conquest just came to me today!!!
I'm starting to listen :D
VERY interested in what you think of those, they sound intriguing to me, to say the least.

And I also love planars, dynamics, and have just recently entered the electrostat world, very exciting!!!

OP
donpablo

donpablo

What mods did you do to your stax?

1.jpg

This avoids the sound leakage between those plastic parts that due to its solid plastic nature may cause it depending from case to case.

And this:
n1.jpg

n2.jpg

Moving Stax pads away from head by a few milimeters somehow creates a bigger soundstage and boosting low/low-mid frequencies (maybe the waves multiply themselves through sorrounding the face and back of the head from driver to driver dunno exactly...).

OP
donpablo

donpablo

VERY interested in what you think of those, they sound intriguing to me, to say the least.

And I also love planars, dynamics, and have just recently entered the electrostat world, very exciting!!!
Comparing to L300, they are on the darker side of sound, yet creating bigger and fuller soundstage imho. Low end is much better fulled, extended, instruments sound much thicker, like they should, making them natural/organic. Today I will also put the ifi iTube2 between my DAC and Stax SRM252s amp and will have a tube in chain thanks to that :D Btw. comparing to L300, RR1 sounds tubey itself ;)

Top Bottom