• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hello. I'm new.

F

freemansteve

Hello everyone!

I have watched this site a bit, and just love the bitchiness and disinformation! It brightens up my day, and I can't help chuckling! :)

Anyway. I'm an older geezer and probaby cannot hear above 12kHz. Most of my friends are into some or all of: So-called HiFi systems; playing and recording music (including some friends with a regular Glastonbury spot), one who has run speaker businesses; all of us going to live gigs from the age of about 12. I'm off to Rammstein in June (I hate stadia though - gimme a good pub band), and have seen hundreds of live bands. I have about 750GB of music on a NAS/RAID that I do listen to most days (can't be bothered with my racks of CDs). I also have a degree in electronics, and was a Senior VP in an hi-tech company until I retired (read: it's been a while since I did active design work myself, but still can fix kit with a soldering iron, up to a point given small scale stuff!) I now play a Strat with a Blackstar valve amp, and sing, and it's all optionally hooked up to my PC.

I have been with my wife for 35 years, and she still likes music and likes dancing, BUT, there are concessions I make for marital harmony about kit. And I'm a tight-arse as well. Bottom line, we are retired and are now living modestly on the Cornish coast, meaning the new kit we bought had to be small and neat, and not look as if our den is a geek's disco. "No visible wiring" is also a determinant of avoiding divorce, and I don't mean bras :) My choices, therefore were not the same as yours.

I may engage.... but you may just ask me what junk I've wasted a decent wine budget on.... :)

Top Bottom