• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hello from Hoshy

hoshy

Hi all,

I'm new here and very much enjoying the site. Proper measurement based reviews are a wonderful thing.

It seems to be polite to introduce oneself on Forums so here we go:

Me: English, Male, late 30s, Based in Germany (servus an alle die deutsch sprachige mitglieder)
Room: 6m,4m,2.2m. Hard walls, no treatment (yet), playing the "width" of the room.
System:
Source: Sonos Connect, Local FLACs from Linux/Samba share on Pi, Deezer HiFi (44.1/16 streaming svc). Also uses analog inputs to route (Apple)TV, Playstation with autoswitching.

DSP: Raspberry Pi OS (Raspbian), HifiBerry Digi IO, Brutefir. Filters created with REW measurements (UMK1, corrected), RePhase and DRC-FIR tested - hoping between the two filter sets until I convince myself one way or another. All setup to the 44.1 form sonos, so no sample rate conversions going on with exception of BruteFIR chanigng sample format to S32 for USB output.

DAC: SMSL SU-9 (Fed by USB from Raspberry Pi)

Speakers: Martin Logan Purity. It's a hybrid electrostatic with the crossover to dual 6inch woofers at 450Hz and a claimed -3dB at 35hz. Builtin ICEPower 200ASC Class D amps 200W, auto-sensing power on-/off.

Former bibs and bobs. Cambridge Audio DACMagic+, M-Audio Audiophile USB, Rogers LS4a, Musical Fidelity P140 (Class A mosfet poweramp).

My DACMagic+ died recently so I got the SMSL as replacement and posting in another thread as it has some issues.

Happy to be here and hope to learn more to refine my system to even higher standards. The room is probably the weakest link right now but DRC'd it still sounds amazing. The auto power control on the speakers, combined with the auto input switch on the Sonos means that music/tv integration "just work". One remote for TV stuff, and Sonos app for computers, tablet, phone means absolute simplicity in operation, and no bloody boxes and cable nests ruining the aesthetics.
Cheers.

Attachments

• hifismall.jpg
    hifismall.jpg
    793.3 KB · Views: 61
Top Bottom