• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hello from France !

christosal

hello all,
happy to join you...

46 yo man, home theater / (reasonable) hi fi enthusiast...
I dont want to endlessly upgrade / change gear, just enjoy the music :)

I dont think there is any other site/ forum reviewing speakers or electronics with such objectivity and measures...
I've read countless posts here, and have appreciated the spirit, good humor, and common sense (ie dont spend 1000 if 100 will bring close results).
That's my philosophy !

Chris

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
hello all,
happy to join you...

46 yo man, home theater / (reasonable) hi fi enthusiast...
I dont want to endlessly upgrade / change gear, just enjoy the music :)

I dont think there is any other site/ forum reviewing speakers or electronics with such objectivity and measures...
I've read countless posts here, and have appreciated the spirit, good humor, and common sense (ie dont spend 1000 if 100 will bring close results).
That's my philosophy !

Chris
Welcome Aboard @christosal.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bienvenu!

To be honest I don't know if it should be masculine or feminine or if that goes with the speaker or recipient for that matter.

OP
C

christosal

thanks !
well, both could be accepted, masculine as adjective, for the recipient, or feminine as the noun

anyway, thanks all :)

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
what region or city do you live in?

OP
C

christosal

Do you have an opinion about Focal speakers?

hi,
no :)
I've stuck for long to Mission speakers, then B&W

They (the Focals) have the reputation of emphasizing too much the high freq/medium ...
but again, havent listened carefully to any pair of Focals, sorry.

OP
C

christosal

Feminine, for that specific use.;)

It's souhaiter la bienvenue

Bon bah... Bienvenue à toi du coup, @christosal !

merci !

you're right, but I guess we can say "you are (le) bienvenu" - too :)

actually, had to think about it a bit - I'm sure we could find various opinions and rules about this :)

Chris

Chazz6

They (the Focals) have the reputation of emphasizing too much the high freq/medium ... but again, havent listened carefully to any pair of Focals, sorry.

Thank you. I have a pair of the Aria 906 bookshelf speakers. The clarity is excellent. I like them overall, but yes, the high treble is sometimes too bright (but not screechy or distorted). The midrange is great.

vert

Forum Donor
Last edited:

Chazz6

Weird. The 906 are clearly not "that" bright. Or I can't imagine how you would find some others speakers! ;)
Try to listen to them off-axis (without toe-in).

Given my very limited experience with different speakers, you are probably right. What are one or two of the speakers that are really bright?

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello & welcome !

As for the Aria 906, I know what you mean by "bright" for them : they have a little "sparkle" due to still a lot of energy around 10 kHz whereas it lacks a bit around 3-5 kHz. The opposite would also sounds "bright" somehow, but more annoying to me. But in the grand scheme of things, the Aria 906 are not "bright" compared to a lot brighter speakers like those @VintageFlanker mentionned.

I listen to my pair everyday. I just add an EQ setting at 800 Hz (-3 dB, Q=4) as Amir advised and a high-pass filter to cut everything below 40 Hz and tame a room mode. I have Genelec 8030C in another room.

OP
C

christosal

I grew up in the same area, in the town of Bougival, whose main claim to fame are the impressionist paintings that were made near the banks of the Seine river.

hi !
oh indeed, yes, close :)

Top Bottom