• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hedd Type 20 monitors !

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
PSI are ‘Analogue only’ and proud of it, they have ‘level’ and ‘roll off’ but that it.
Keith

q3cpma

Major Contributor
Well, there's probably a bit of audiophile appeal in their "100% PURE ANALOG TECHNOLOGY - NO DSP" tagline, but they're not completely wrong when they mention reliability. As someone with a passion for programming and working in it (sadly), I can say that the less code there is somewhere, the less worried I am, knowing the usual industry code quality and programmer competence.

As far as the brand goes, they have very interesting technologies (https://www.psiaudio.swiss/technology/) and provide a good number of measurements in their products PDFs.
I'm particulary interested in their claims about using some kind of servo woofers and their in-house class G/H amplifiers (wonder if Focal's class G amps are also homemade).

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, there's probably a bit of audiophile appeal in their "100% PURE ANALOG TECHNOLOGY - NO DSP" tagline, but they're not completely wrong when they mention reliability. As someone with a passion for programming and working in it (sadly), I can say that the less code there is somewhere, the less worried I am, knowing the usual industry code quality and programmer competence.

As far as the brand goes, they have very interesting technologies (https://www.psiaudio.swiss/technology/) and provide a good number of measurements in their products PDFs.
I'm particulary interested in their claims about using some kind of servo woofers and their in-house class G/H amplifiers (wonder if Focal's class G amps are also homemade).

https://www.resolutionmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/PSI-Audio-A21-M.pdf

Third-party measurements here. Quite detailed but graphs are tiny and blurry. My copy of the Sound and Recording measurement compilation also has the A14 and A17, but I'm not sure if they are current gen. I definitely don't recall Neumann-level measurements. Another brand in the same vein as PSI in obsessing over phase linearisation and time alignment is KS Digital from Germany, but they implement it digitally with their own FPGA, and are much cheaper than PSI.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
So the seemingly similar designed Neumann KH310 without any visible screws in the wave guide would not be professional? :p

At least a screw that is not there can't shout.
The KH310 look boring against. :p

Top Bottom