• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hedd type 20 monitors

q3cpma

Major Contributor
Looks nice, even if I'd rather have the KH310 which is only a 4€ more expensive on Thomann. I'm a bit curious about the 7" woofer (even with the ported design), since I thought that one of the goals of 3-ways was to go lower with less distortion since you have a midrange relieving the woofer.

Krunok

Major Contributor
As for the frequency response, the deviation from flat that you see is an intentional design choice. The FR has been dialed in to be relatively flat when integrated accross about a +-40° horizontal and +-20° vertical listening field, with some weighting.

It looks pretty flat to me. Red circled part surprises me a little as it is in the middle of the midrange driver but even with that it looks pretty much ok. To which particular deviation from flat was your comment addressed?

Capture.JPG

Top Bottom