• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hedd ‘MainTowers’ arrive !

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Black gloss!

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Green LEDS

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Just need to add the ‘top’ TMS 36 4x8” bass drivers.
Keith

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
They really do look good, Keith. :)

And what looks like subtle green LEDs, thank goodness no searing blue.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
With a bit of help have placed the second TMS36 sub module on to the ‘Towers’, each module has 4 8” bass drivers so 16 in total.

Keith

digicidal

Major Contributor
I wouldn't even consider those with a cat in the house... I'm sure mine would find that mantle-to-speaker run to be fun at least 10 times per day... at least I'd hope for that rather than "climbing the front" :eek:

They do look nice and I'm sure will sound incredible in that space... can't imagine you'll be wanting for anything sound-wise!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They do make covers for the drivers, no animals here, well except for the children and my wife.
Keith

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They do make covers for the drivers, no animals here, well except for the children and my wife.
Keith

They are looking impressive like to know how they sound in your room. Regarding childeren don't put a table before the Hedd's

Last edited:

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have to ask, how does actual proper measurements of those look like? A 50 dB zoomed out scale in-room measurement is useless for anyone other than the guys in the marketing department.

To those of you with better understanding; From a performance perspective, does this look like a good solution to the problems they are trying to solve as engineers?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Klaus says, that he wanted a speaker that lets you’ discover what a decisive role dynamics play in audio reproduction’.
‘Extremely low distortion, nearly total uncompressed dynamics, evenly distributed frequency spectrum with excellent dispersion’.
120dB SPL at one metre, I personally haven’t tried that yet!
They are pretty decent .
Keith

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have no doubt that they sound good, and personally I find towers sexy as hell. Reading about them at their website now. They claim output capability better than 2x18 inch ported subs. Expensive and complicated way to achieve that, but I'm fond of the modular solution.
I see now that you can place the woofs wherever you like, which is good. Still baffled by the configuration of BMTMB of the mains, though. Lobe-heaven or clever design?

I'm disappointed that there's no actual measurements of the speakers themselves on their website, only from the ICE-modules used.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I have no doubt that they sound good, and personally I find towers sexy as hell. Reading about them at their website now. They claim output capability better than 2x18 inch ported subs. Expensive and complicated way to achieve that, but I'm fond of the modular solution.
I see now that you can place the woofs wherever you like, which is good. Still baffled by the configuration of BMTMB of the mains, though. Lobe-heaven or clever design?

I'm disappointed that there's no actual measurements of the speakers themselves on their website, only from the ICE-modules used.
I've contacted HEDD directly before about measurements for the Type 20. They said it would be a better for me to actually listen and offered to contact the nearest dealer to arrange a demo. Not what I was looking for, but nice enough corresponding.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No question about it, they look awesome aesthetically! What is the price for the whole shebang?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The two pack is around £16k the three pack around £23k in standard studio grey, they charge a bit more for any colour you like.
Keith

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The three-pack would be the subs both above and below while two-pack only subs below mains? Either way, cheaper than Kii BXT with far more capacity. How do they compare sonically in your room?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They only arrived Monday, at the moment both pairs of Kiis and 8Cs are out on dem, usually I place those two together in the same ( other) because potential customers like to compare.
The Kiis/8Cs are much more adjustable , when the Kiis return I will set them up next to the Hedd’s and report!
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I would say, the two pack are probably all you would ever need.
Keith

Top Bottom