• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Hearing Protection Measurements

OP
Jdunk54nl

Jdunk54nl

Thread Starter #23
Those Hearos earplugs are good and fit snug without sticking out straight.
Ya, they look very similar to a bunch of others like Etymotic, eagasms, etc. And the hearos are one of the cheapest.

Wolf

Howard Leight put specs on the box for some foam plugs and it looks like attenuation there is basically correlated with frequency. .
That's the brand I was trying to think of referencing tapered plugs. I could not get those things to seal worth a darn.
Sorry about the misconception of the OP, but I was thinking of performance under the same criteria.

OP
Jdunk54nl

Jdunk54nl

Thread Starter #25
Helicopter and myself are going to send Amir some in ear hearing protection in June.

If anyone else wants to see some tested, either let us know which ones (if they aren't too expensive I can send them to Amir as well), or we can time it right to where you can send them to Amir to be tested. Or you can PM me and we can work something out to where you pay for them but I send them with my choices.

Top Bottom