• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HEALTH / Cannabis Components To Be Used In Potential COVID-19 Vaccine ...?

North_Sky

Major Contributor
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-cannabis-treatment-potential/

From couple months ago ...
https://hightimes.com/health/cannabis-components-used-potential-covid-19-vaccine/

cannabis-components-used-potential-covid-19-vaccine-featured-1440x960.jpg

Me what I think?

Back sometime around February I think, I've read somewhere from couple sources that smokers could be immune to COVID-19. Someone asked me, after reading the same, what I thought of that. I replied that "it was most likely hocus pocus; smokers will die much faster if they get infected by Coronavirus. It would take less time for the miniature of monster virulent viruses to eat those already damaged lungs", I said.

Now if they want to use cannabis to create a vaccine go ahead, it cannot be worse than Bleach or Javex or hydroxycholoroquine.

Next they'll use Cobra venom ... or grape Koolaid.

Last edited:

lashto

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-cannabis-treatment-potential/

From couple months ago ...
https://hightimes.com/health/cannabis-components-used-potential-covid-19-vaccine/

cannabis-components-used-potential-covid-19-vaccine-featured-1440x960.jpg

Me what I think?

Back sometime around February I think, I've read somewhere from couple sources that smokers could be immune to COVID-19. Someone asked me, after reading the same, what I thought of that. I replied that "it was most likely hocus pocus; smokers will die much faster if they get infected by Coronavirus. It would take less time for the miniature of monster virulent viruses to eat those already damaged lungs", I said.

Now if they want to use cannabis to create a vaccine go ahead, it cannot be worse than Bleach or Javex or hydroxycholoroquine.

Next they'll use Cobra venom ... or grape Koolaid.
It's still too early to tell but, as counter intuitive as it seems, smoking might actually help. On short, the rough/preliminary numbers from France did show ~5% smokers in the Covid-infected population and ~25% smokers in the general population. That is a huge difference and 'something' is happening there.

The quoted article mentions the nicotine 'explanation' but smoke itself might be working too. Smoke/fumigation is a very old method to conserve/disinfect, think smoked fish and ham. One example:
... fumigation with natural plant product found to disinfect our environment ... Natural plant products such as garlic (Allium sativum), turmeric (Curcuma longa) ... Traditional Ayurvedic fumigation with natural products is effective in reducing air-borne bacteria and disinfecting surfaces.

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Yes, I've read an article very very similar to the one you just posted above...several months ago. I didn't put much weight to it because smoking (nicotine...cigarettes, cigars, pipes, electronic cigarettes...vaping, ...) is very very bad for people. It screws the lungs, it degenerates people's internal organs and brain. It causes cancer and all the tobacco manufacturers should compensate all the smokers/addicts.

We want to live in a healthy society, be civilised, ... and we permit conglomerates to pollute us, to destroy our health, ... with smoke, bad drugs, toxic products, contaminated food, toxic air and water, lack of inspection, lack of public info, lies, etc., etc., etc.

Now we have a very nasty virus running free and they're talking about a vaccine using cannabis. Yeah, I'm all for it if it works. I prefer that to hydroxychloroquine. It sounds healthier, as the later one is promoted by hocus pocus people. ...I'm sure you are aware of the latest...on Facebook, Twitter, Google and YouTube channels.

It's funny though that this Coronavirus wouldn't find a good host in a person who smoke nicotine. But then they are learning more and more every single hour that goes by.

Anyway, personally I wouldn't count on either; a certain level of immunity for nicotine smokers, and a vaccine based on cannabis base. Even a Moderna vaccine I wouldn't bet on it. ...Or later this year, or next, or the next after.

Second hand smoke can kill, so not wearing a mask ... and stay to close to people.
Smoking cannabis is a medicine for some...it can relieve stress.

This entire vaccine affair is like a dream to believe in with nowhere really to go.
...Just like hydroxychloroquine.

But we sure need to work on a vaccine...several of them.
Who would have believed seven months ago that we would need to wear masks to go shopping and that the movie theaters and bars and restaurants would be closed?
...Live music concerts, schools, ...

In the Americas we don't have that culture of wearing masks, so we are way more vulnerable. ...And all the poor people without proper hygiene and medical facilities...India, South Africa, South America, ... or unless you live in a jungle and you're a smoker?
Then you most likely don't need a cannabis based vaccine?
Who knows with accurate scientific data ...

Every day we live another day is a good day ...

lashto

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In the Americas we don't have that culture of wearing masks,..
Who does? Maybe a few Asian countries which went through the previous SARS scare. But nobody else, I never seen a mask in the EU before ~Feb this year.

You don't need any "masks culture", just people who actually care about others. Plus a bit of self discipline and trust in the authorities/government.

All these things seem to be sorely lacking. I am not trying to single-out the US, it's quite the same everywhere. The Chinese only 'reacted' to strong government enforcement. Same for the Italians, only fear worked (+1000 deaths/day) combined with the army on the streets. AFAIK, the only parts of the world which reacted kinda humanly-ok were the northern EU and Canada.
This virus is a test for the whole humanity and we aren't doing that great.

Top Bottom