• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphones with VU Meters!!!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
No joke. It is real:
http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/12/5/13841386/meters-music-ov-1-headphones-vu-meter

meters_music_ov1.0.jpeg

Headphone design is no stranger to invasions from other categories, whether you’re talking LED lights, belt buckles, or, um, cat-ear speakers. Usually, I snarl at those excesses, but I find myself smiling at the latest example: a fully functional VU meter integrated into the ear cups of the new Meters Music OV-1 cans.

[...]
Meters Music will make its debut with the OV-1 at CES in Las Vegas next month, and it already has plans for a Bluetooth version later down the line. I can’t tell you what the OV-1 sound or feel like, but if their look is enough to capture your imagination, you can preorder a pair now for £279 ($355).

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
giphy.gif

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I hear the next version comes with heads up display. And for now, they give you two portable mirrors which you can hold on the side to reflect the mirror to one in front of you, e.g. in your bathroom.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
No joke. It is real:
http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/12/5/13841386/meters-music-ov-1-headphones-vu-meter

meters_music_ov1.0.jpeg

Headphone design is no stranger to invasions from other categories, whether you’re talking LED lights, belt buckles, or, um, cat-ear speakers. Usually, I snarl at those excesses, but I find myself smiling at the latest example: a fully functional VU meter integrated into the ear cups of the new Meters Music OV-1 cans.

[...]
Meters Music will make its debut with the OV-1 at CES in Las Vegas next month, and it already has plans for a Bluetooth version later down the line. I can’t tell you what the OV-1 sound or feel like, but if their look is enough to capture your imagination, you can preorder a pair now for £279 ($355).

These are perfect for me to buy and use as VU meters for my speakers.

astr0b0y

I'd use these just to add VU meters to my shrine. Never wear them, just position so you can watch the meters dance while listening.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'd use these just to add VU meters to my shrine. Never wear them, just position so you can watch the meters dance while listening.
Now that is a good use for them!

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
OK , the are cool, for others to see anyway

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They are updated now to Bluetooth v5.0 ("OV-1-B-Connect"), featuring ANC, Apt-X HD and proprietaty PEQ app. Buy them and send a sample to Amir or just wear them on the bus so enyone can see you're an exhibicionist audiophile with style listening at ear deafening levels :oops::p
OV-1-BProBlackE_1124x1800.jpg
OV1BCEditionsWebRedD_1800x1800.jpg
2022-11-06 06_27_54-OV-1-B-CONNECT-PRO-BLACK – Meters Music — Mozilla Firefox.jpg
2022-11-06 06_28_03-OV-1-B-CONNECT-PRO-BLACK – Meters Music — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
..aaand special edition:

"Soundsystem Jamaica is the result of a partnership with renowned musician/producer Zak Starkey and his partner, artist/musician/producer Sharna “Sshh” Liguz. Based in Jamaica, the label reflects not only the island’s rich musical history, rooted in Africa, but also American soul and blues."
OV-1-B-JAM_700x.jpg
aid405356-v4-728px-Speak-Rastafarian-English-Step-9-Version-2.jpg

How to Speak Rastafarian English

..thank me later ;)

Looneybomber

I don’t hate the idea of the VU meter solely so I can tell my kid to turn it down. If they were $30 Skullcandys I’d get him a pair.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No joke. It is real:

meters_music_ov1.0.jpeg

[...]
It’s not yet April, @amirm :facepalm: :)

Last edited:

MCH

Major Contributor
Very real, even Techmoan seems to get speechless at some point (don't miss min 2:40 :D)

believe it or not, the VU meters are there for a reason: so that parents can check if children are playing music too loud! hahaha :facepalm::D

Last edited:
Top Bottom