• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

headphones with better soundstage (from 400-500€ downward)

BALKAN_RAKIA

I got the K702 two weeks ago and out of the box it sounded bad. After EQing it is hard to put it down. My other headphones are HD650 (8 year old), PC38X, K371, T20 Fostex, so all closed, all EQed. K702 is the perfect headphone for metal music and is really superb for gaming. Anything with lots of instruments playing at the same time in the same frequencies. I played some MW2019 this weekend and they are by far the best one of the bunch in terms of positioning in 3D space. PC38X is probably the worst. It is going away as a present.
I find DTS:X to be working well, at least with MW2019. I actually played some CoD4 this weekend and it felt the sound was better than their most recent title Vanguard. Such a shame.
I have not heard the 560 but I lost a bit of hope in Senni after PC38x. I guess I bought the wrong one. Of course I blame Amir for that, but my nephew will be happy.

Blorg

@BALKAN_RAKIA Oratory1990 has a Harman preset for the K702, may be worth trying. I have an older Austrian K701, his K701 EQ tweaked a bit works pretty well for me. K702 I think is quite similar to the K701 but K702 has the removable cable and some think a better tuning as well. K701 has a great soundstage, it's way ahead of my HD600 and I imagine HD650 as well.

BALKAN_RAKIA

@BALKAN_RAKIA Oratory1990 has a Harman preset for the K702, may be worth trying. I have an older Austrian K701, his K701 EQ tweaked a bit works pretty well for me. K702 I think is quite similar to the K701 but K702 has the removable cable and some think a better tuning as well. K701 has a great soundstage, it's way ahead of my HD600 and I imagine HD650 as well.

yeah I am using oratory's preset with small preference adjustments.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
yeah I am using oratory's preset with small preference adjustments.
If I was you I'd turn off his Filter #1 which is the 5dB Low Shelf at 24Hz, I think it's frankly ridiculous putting in a Low Shelf so far down especially when there's already another Low Shelf (Filter#2) a little further up for the bass. And then if you want a bit more bass just a dB or two to Filter #2, after removing or turning off Filter #1. Means you also won't need to run such a large negative preamp too.

BALKAN_RAKIA

If I was you I'd turn off his Filter #1 which is the 5dB Low Shelf at 24Hz, I think it's frankly ridiculous putting in a Low Shelf so far down especially when there's already another Low Shelf (Filter#2) a little further up for the bass. And then if you want a bit more bass just a dB or two to Filter #2, after removing or turning off Filter #1. Means you also won't need to run such a large negative preamp too.
that's pretty much exactly the EQ I am using.

Top Bottom