• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

headphones or a stationary microphone for something interesting :)

kyliejourney

Hello everyone!
I found one interesting website that produces audio books and also allows you to dub books yourself.
I would like to give it a try, but I need a good sound headset for this so i can hear everything properly.
Please i need advise on which is better to buy: headphones or a stationary microphone separately? And if possible, tell me which one is pocket-freindly please
thanks in advance! :)

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Buy a decent to good microphone and a comfortable headphone that is 'flat' between 200Hz and 3kHz. Most headphones will likely comply. It is just for monitoring a voice so a lift or drop-off below 200Hz is not important.
Above 4kHz it may be a good idea to use a headphone with emphasized treble. Horrible for music, great for monitoring, bad for mastering.

Presonus HD7
Samson SR850
Sennheiser HD100, HD200-Pro, HD300, HD400S, HD25
Sony MDR-ZX110, MDR-7506
Superlux HD330
AKG K271-II, K361
AudioTechnica ATH-M40X
Shure SRH440

Last edited:
Top Bottom