• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphones of electro,EDM,synthwave

FIOIOIO

What are the best headphones for these genres ? I like a lot M50x and how aggressive they sound.Is there something better than them for these genres ?

Pio2001

Hi,
Low frequencies are more important in these genres than in acoustic music. Therefore the way headphones reproduce these low frequencies is very important.
I'm not talking about ultra low frequencies. What happens below 40 Hz is no more (but no less) important than in acoustic music.

The frequencies specially involved in electro, much more than in acoustic, are between 40 Hz (lowest electro beat) and 150 Hz (highest synthwave beat).

That said, I don't think that the rules saying what is good and what is bad are different for electro music. Some will prefer the +10 dB bass boost, while other will prefer a flat bass response. Some might even like the weak response of HD600 / DT880 etc.

What I mean is that between two headphones that have a different sound both in the bass and in the medium / treble range, a slight inaccuracy in low frequencies might be acceptable for classical music, but become problematic for electro music.

But headphones with a better behaviour in both low and high frequencies will always be preferred for both acoustic and electro music. So my answer is : take the best headphones there are !
Only if you are forced to choose between two different not-so-good headphones, maybe one of them might suit electro music better than the other.

NYfan2

Forum Donor
I listen a lot to electro (deephouse/techno) and I think if you have a headphone that follows the Harman curve you will be fine. Ofcourse if you have the ability to EQ it's even better.
It is a fact that ArmirM likes a lot of bass so check the reviews and choose one of the headphones that is recommended.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/HeadphoneReview/

Or check rtings.com for many more headphones testes:
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tests/sound-quality/raw-frequency-response

The DT1990 pro:
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/beyerdynamic/dt-1990-pro

OP
F

FIOIOIO

Okay.I think I like bright headphones thus I have selected the DT1990 Pro as my next purchase and I was wondering is there something better at this price range.

phrwn

I listen to almost exclusively electronic music and have not found better than E-Mu Teaks so far. I am curious about the DCA Stealth, but not curious enough to stump up the asking price at the moment.
I've settled on Teaks connected to a JDS Element II and the @amirm's EQ settings from the review.

adama99

Do you think that DT1990 Pro is a good choice?

Yes, but not with the Analytical pads. Use the Balanced or (aftermarket) Dekoni Elite Velour pads.

The Dekoni pads have the added benefit of mitigating the treble peak common to most Beyerdynamic headphones.

OP
F

FIOIOIO

I listen to almost exclusively electronic music and have not found better than E-Mu Teaks so far. I am curious about the DCA Stealth, but not curious enough to stump up the asking price at the moment.
I've settled on Teaks connected to a JDS Element II and the @amirm's EQ settings from the review.
how they compare to the DT 1990?

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Audeze LCD-X, I am actually very close to purchasing them for EDM and rock.

Top Bottom