• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphones - Dolby Atmos & DTS Headphone-X compatible convolver?

Krillin

The filters sound great
I recently purchased some convolution filters for the Sennheiser HD800 that I really enjoy. To my ears it seems smoother than Oratory's Equalizer APO 10-band EQ.

The problem
However, I have run into a snag. The FIR filters work great in Jriver WDM driver for stereo music however Dolby Atmos and DTS Headphone-X are not passed through Jriver. So my enjoyment for games and movies is limited.

Convolver solution?
Is there a convolver that will pass 5.1+ audio and still allow Dolby Atmos and DTS Headphone-X for headphones? It will also need to have a similar functionality as the WDM Jriver driver. In other words it will need to work with Netflix, video games, and streaming services.

Last edited:
OP
Krillin

Krillin

I think I found the solution to my own problem. I didn't know that Equalizer APO allows convolution filters. Equalizer APO works just fine with DTS and Dolby spatial sound for headphones.

Also, for some reason the lipsync delay is practically non-existent unlike Jriver at a higher khz sample rate. Perhaps Equalizer APO it can more effectively use the CPU?

Last edited:
Top Bottom