• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphones Based On Music Taste For 300€ Max

The Seeker

Generally speaking, I'm mostly listening to Lo-Fi Music, Hip-Hop, and Punk-Rock. Here are 2 sample songs for each aforementioned genre:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiljpJc5pzlkTTyVsLGEoS5hS4tkyaMsh

Intended use
I listen to music at any time & any place, meaning that I really prefer headphones that are noise-protecting. Speaking from my personal experience, I'm a big fan of IN-EAR and OVER-EAR headphones. They feel naturally comfortable to me and that's generally a big brownie point.
Please don't hesitate if you have any further questions or ideas!
THEREFORE
Super many Thanks in Advance!
I genuinely appreciate the privilege of being able to ask so many different competent people, reaching the best decision!

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I presume that you mean noise-cancelling. For €180, the best over the ear I know is the H.ear 2 or Sony WH-H900N as they are known in Sweden.
How are you going to use them, wireless or with cable connected to what? Any example of other headphones you used before?

OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

I presume that you mean noise-cancelling. For €180, the best over the ear I know is the H.ear 2 or Sony WH-H900N as they are known in Sweden.
How are you going to use them, wireless or with cable connected to what? Any example of other headphones you used before?
I’m gonna check these options out!
Oh, I mean either noise-isolating or noise-cancelling – I don’t really mind
And I don’t mind whether it’s cable or not, I just really mind the sound quality primarily, then noise-protection, then probably comfort.
Yeah :)

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you want noise cancelling then my advice would be to spend another hundred or so euros to get a pair of Sony 1000XM3 or Bose QC35 II headphones. Yes it is more than your budget but they offer the best noise cancelling there is and good sound quality. Lesser noise cancelling models tend to be neither great at cancelling noise or on sound quality. Alternatively some good passive noise isolation tends to be better than poor noise cancelling. The Audio Technica MSR7 can be found within your budget and is a closed back model with reasonable isolation. Sound quality is excellent however you might find it bright and bass light given your music preferences. For IEMs Etymotic offer some excellent models, their passive noise isolation is superb. I use ER4SR IEMs for commuting and flying and find they are at least as effective at killing noise as the Sony 1000X noise cancelling headphones I used to use, more so at higher frequencies.

OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

If you want noise cancelling then my advice would be to spend another hundred or so euros to get a pair of Sony 1000XM3 or Bose QC35 II headphones. Yes it is more than your budget but they offer the best noise cancelling there is and good sound quality. Lesser noise cancelling models tend to be neither great at cancelling noise or on sound quality. Alternatively some good passive noise isolation tends to be better than poor noise cancelling. The Audio Technica MSR7 can be found within your budget and is a closed back model with reasonable isolation. Sound quality is excellent however you might find it bright and bass light given your music preferences. For IEMs Etymotic offer some excellent models, their passive noise isolation is superb. I use ER4SR IEMs for commuting and flying and find they are at least as effective at killing noise as the Sony 1000X noise cancelling headphones I used to use, more so at higher frequencies.
I think, I'll try them all
The earlier I invest, the more I will profit for the rest of my life
Thanks!

geek101

Forum Donor
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

# Update *I raised my budget to ~ 300€*
Due to some preliminary testing, I realized that I have to make some certain changes
1. the value of real-life-utility was underestimated by me in the first place
2. decent IEMs require additional amplification which results in diminishing returns for their costs, in my opinion
————————————————————————————
3. I have the money but I'm usually too cost-saving
4. I listen to that much music that it doesn't make sense to be cost-saving

Talking about that real-life-utility here,
I usually go everyday to the gym + library, aaand when I tried the E5000 for example, I had to increase the volume to for-me-unnecessary levels, you know. Not to forget, that I had to fix their position all the time because of all the sudden movements. For that reason, I plan to give noise-canceling HPs better ratings now.
On the other hand, I still need some time to warm up all the IEMs in order to make fair judgments ☑️

So now,
I added some headphones based on Head-Fi forum reviews, I included certain AMPs and IEMs determined by the following criteria:
at least four reviews || at least 4.2 stars.
Not to forget a big thanks & sorry to all the forum members — if your audio device didn't make it, in that case it was probably due to the German warehouses :( Arrgh
However, here's The list :

—AMPs
FiiO BTR3
FiiO K3 (E30)
FiiO Q1 Mark II

—IEMs
Final E4000
Final E5000
Linsoul TFZ NO.3
iBasso IT01
Moondrop KXXS

—HPs
Bose QuietComfort 35
Bowers & Wilkins PX
Sony WH-1000XM3

With all that being said, I will try to write a subjective-goal-oriented review for my final decision since I'm just an audio amateur ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ who has to to start somewhere
It's my mission

Webninja

Forum Donor
I really like my Sennheiser PXC 550. I tried them at the same time as the Bose 35s, and I liked the Sennheiser better (all subjective).

Noise cancelling was almost as good, comfort was a tie, but I liked the Senns for music.

For audiobooks, I might say the Bose was better due to the sightly better noise cancelling.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
For IEMs Etymotic offer some excellent models, their passive noise isolation is superb. I use ER4SR IEMs for commuting and flying and find they are at least as effective at killing noise as the Sony 1000X noise cancelling headphones I used to use, more so at higher frequencies.

I will echo this. I have the ER4SR's as well and they are truly excellent.

Top Bottom