• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphones and Parametric EQ

tomtoo

Major Contributor
There are some nice pictures from parametric EQ apps like the following one. Could you suggest the app, name, where to download?

index.php

Sry, no. There are hundrets out there.

For windows i would succest EQAPO with the peace gui.
From apples i have no clue.

Under Android the neutron player has a nice one but sadly not systemwide.

Burhan

I am a bit concerned about EQ APO v1.3 behaviour in the system. Could be malicious, who knows... Thank you for Roon. I will try to find something.

Blorg

I am a bit concerned about EQ APO v1.3 behaviour in the system. Could be malicious, who knows... Thank you for Roon. I will try to find something.
EQ APO is open source, so at least theoretically you (and others) can review the source code, although I realize in practice that rarely happens. It is the predominant EQ software on Windows, though, with a LOT of users, so if anything I'd tend to think it's less likely to be malicious than just about anything else. Why are you concerned about it in particular?

tomtoo

Major Contributor
From where is this screenshot from? Maybe this can give a clue. Tineye was not helpfull.

Burhan

Just tried Roon. It is a nice player. The most interesting Roon's features are WASAPI Exclusive Mode and DSP with parametric EQ. Unfortunately Roon requires active internet connection, at least during startup, this is sucks. Cannot read .cue sheets for .flac albums... Does anyone know the app with such combination (WASAPI + DSP)? It would be awesome to have it in Foobar2000.
Update:
Made it with Foobar2000. Two additional components required: WASAPI output v3.4 (not shared)+ MathAudio Headphone EQ.

Last edited:

thecity2

Hi Guys

It's for a keyboard. That is the only frequencies I can use as these are pre-set. The only other setting is for Q.

Thanks for you help. I will now look up the meaning of 'Parametric Equaliser' so that I understand.

Regards

Pegwill

You mean you want to have parametric EQ for a digital keyboard? Do you happen to have Logic Pro? There a great parametric EQ plugin there.

Top Bottom