• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphones Advice

OP
C

Cb22

Oh there was not an option for that. I figured I'd order and extra pair for when these where down otherwise I'd have to pay for the shipping if I ordered at a later date.

OP
C

Cb22

I (or others) can give you an eq profile for it if you get eqapo+peace setup.
Can you send me a link with your EQ profile for the HDXX? I downloaded Peace

luisma

Forum Donor
Anyone has decided to create an EQ profile for the S5X ? I understand doesn't needed per se but perhaps some people have preferences which have matched with these.
Oratory has profiles for the other two HP not the S5X
1677882897694.png

jae

Major Contributor
Can you send me a link with your EQ profile for the HDXX? I downloaded Peace
Code:
Preamp: -7.4 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 20 Hz Gain 7.4 dB Q 0.500
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 180 Hz Gain -2.4 dB Q 1.000

I would say try these two filters alone to get started. This fixes the low mids/upper bass transition and subbass extension while leaving the rest of the headphone untouched past 300 hz. You can lower Filter 1 gain to taste for less bass (match it with the negative preamp setting), you will probably not need to change Filter 2 much but I'd say keep around -2.4 to -2.1.

OP
C

Cb22

Getting these Monday I think, shipped today
I was supposed to get mine today. Unfortunately FedEx delivered them to the wrong house and I’ll have to file a claim

luft262

OLLO S5X

Full bodied yet accurate/real sound, excellent bass extension, service-able, no EQ needed, no piecing treble, easy to drive, quite comfortable, you can try one for a month.
Just curious, but what are your personal favorite headphones?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Most used:

HD800 (EQ' ed)
DT1350 (portable, EQ'ed when taking a walk/holiday, different pads)
S5X with felt mod (when EQ is not an option)
modified DT1770 (filtered, DT770 pads) when I need closed.

Used these in the past.
DT1990 filtered
HD560S filtered (when EQ is not an option)

OP
C

Cb22

Getting these Monday I think, shipped today
Just wondering what are your thoughts on these? I never received mine and Ollo send me a new pair. Nice of them to do that. They could have said sorry! FedEx said it was delivered not my problem anymore. The S5Xs are now on the way and hopefully arrive next week.

While passing the time I got antsy and purchased a used pair of used Arya V2s off AVExchange on Reddit. I wanted to see what the hype was about. I like them but I like them better with EQ. I found some presets here on the form that I tried out. But honestly, I think they should cost 750 new and I paid 750 used. No way I'd pay MSRP for these. The Sennheiser HD XX can hold its own against the Aryas and are great headphones at an awesome price. The sound stage is a bit different and I think the Sennheiser HDXX are better in this area, however, I think the bass is hands down better on the Arya's. The Arya are comfortable but loud open backs relative to the XXs. No way I could get away with wearing these at work in a shared space.

Looking forward to getting the Ollos soon to compare and contrast.

Unlikely I will keep all three headphones and will probably sell one of the three in due time.

OP
C

Cb22

I finally got my S5Xs & can’t say I’m thrilled with them. I don’t think they’re all that comfortable & will try to return them (if possible as I purchased B stock) & go with a pair of DCAs. The ear pads are too small for my big ears. They’re definitely good studio headphones but I can’t wear these for 8 hours a day.

Top Bottom