• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphone system for video game binaural audio

Senior NEET Engineer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What would you recommend as a headphone system for video games? I want to reproduce the audio as accurately as possible, including timbre and bass extension, using binaural audio. Open to using external components as well like subwoofers. Also curious how the recommended systems will compare to a traditional surround sound system like the one in my flair. My main use cases are VR and PC FPS games.

Type: IEM

Easy to drive: yes

Sources: PC, PS5

Budget: Point of diminishing returns $100-4000

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've experienced good results from a open back Sennheiser. The wider effects are startling and sometimes too real. Like a door knock in some audio track. I use for FPShooter games and 144 frames/second stuff. The 5xx and 6xx models are going for good prices within your budget range?

OP
S

Senior NEET Engineer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've experienced good results from a open back Sennheiser. The wider effects are startling and sometimes too real. Like a door knock in some audio track. I use for FPShooter games and 144 frames/second stuff. The 5xx and 6xx models are going for good prices within your budget range?

Unfortunately I get discomfort from non earbud type headphones.

Top Bottom