• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphone Repair Help

Todd k

Forum Donor
Hello ASR. I need some repair advice and i’am sure one of you super knowledgeable and helpful members can help me. I have a pair of fostex Purple Hearts that some clumsy dumbass (me) stepped on, oops. Broke the plastic hanger arm, I have the new part but don’t feel confident in attempting repair. I also have a pair of hifi man Arya’s that is intermittently shorting out on one channel, loose connection in cup I assume. Is there someone out there that does this kind of repair service that anyone could recommend. Thanx in advance for any help.

OP
Todd k

Todd k

Forum Donor
Anyone out there? does no one know of anyone who does decent headphone repair?

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry to hear about the broken arm on the purple hearts. Hopefully there is someone here that can help out.

threni

Major Contributor
Anyone out there? does no one know of anyone who does decent headphone repair?
You might get a few more bites if you drop a few clues about where exactly you are. The hifiman site links to authorized dealers - perhaps hit one up in your area? I have no idea which part of a pair of headphones a "plastic hanger arm" is - do you mean the thing you hang them on when you're not using them? If so, don't you just need a spot of glue?

OP
Todd k

Todd k

Forum Donor
I live in s carolina. The Purple Hearts have a plastic kind of orbital arm that holds the wooden cup that snapped in half. The mechanism that holds the arm looks fairly tricky to replace. I was hoping there was a repair service some one knew of that I could send both set of cans to. Would post a pic of the fostex but away for the holidays. I will keep my fingers crossed that one of you in ASR land knows a savior.

OP
Todd k

Todd k

Forum Donor
for any hifi man headphone owners I reached out to them and they have no US based repair or warranty service. They did offer a replacement for $475, no thanks. Kind of shabby if you ask me.

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
for any hifi man headphone owners I reached out to them and they have no US based repair or warranty service. They did offer a replacement for $475, no thanks. Kind of shabby if you ask me.
Stuff like this (or Focal's unreplaceable snapping headbands) is what burns companies for me.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You could try these guys...

However, the website keeps throwing up random adverts in other tabs, so I wouldn't be inclined to trust them.

OP
Todd k

Todd k

Forum Donor
You could try these guys...

However, the website keeps throwing up random adverts in other tabs, so I wouldn't be inclined to trust them.
Yes I saw them but when they use beats and Bose in their add I too was wary. I was hoping to find a recommendation from this community that I would more fully trust. Thanks though for the reply. Hopefully someone in this forum will stumble upon this thread and can direct me to a competent tech. I really love my 2 pair of hifi man cans but am disappointed in their service capabilities.

Top Bottom