• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

headphone model recommendation

ThomsBrown92

Hi everyone, I was looking for headphones with ANC (active noise cancellation) for school studies with a max budget of €150/170, I wanted to know which ones you know best reflect these criteria only in terms of sound:

- WARM, relaxed and calm sound

- Accommodating sound, not tiring, even after 1/2 hour of continuous listening

I ask because I would like to rely on a personal experience (albeit not totally objective), therefore in first person or through reviews.

I want to clarify that I am not in the least interested in "Fidelity of the sound", and the "Accuracy of the headset", therefore in the perception of all the differences in listening and the distinction of frequencies. Since it will be a passive listening headset, not an active one, I'm only interested in the generality of the sound, such as immediate impact.

In addition to the sound described, I don't know if you have any idea (if you've ever heard it) of a sound/timbre in the headphones that is so particular as to help you achieve mental focus and be a little more concentrated (such as tuning to 432 Hz or sounds binaural, but that depends on the headphones) if you think about it for a moment... I ask because to my knowledge, i.e. with the headphones I've listened to, I've never known a sound that would help me be more concentrated, as well as being Warm and not neutral /flat.

So I ask you among the ANC headphones that you know which ones have a Warm, more relaxing and calm and more satisfying sound for you, not tiring even with prolonged listening. And those that in addition to this we have a characteristic (if any) of the sound that makes listening more pleasant on a mental level, and that helps to achieve a focus on what you have to do.

(I had selected these, which for me are ok not considering the sound.
Among these I have no idea which one is closest to the sound I would like)
Anker Soundcore Space Q45
Anker Soundcore Life Q35
Anker Soundcore Life Q30
Anker Soundcore Life Q20
Wyze Noise-Cancelling
Sony WH-XB910N
AKG N700NC M2
Razer Opus black
JBL TUNE 750BTNC
Sony Wh-Xb900N
Skullcandy Hesh ANC
Sony WH-CH700N
Bose quietcomfort 35 II
JBL Live 660NC
Sony WH-CH710N
JBL Tune 760NC
JBL Live 650BTNC
Plantronics BackBeat Go 810
Sennheiser HD 450BT

OP
T

ThomsBrown92

Why not IEMs with sound blocking sleeves?
I do not understand, why? It has nothing to do with what I do with it, I don't play an instrument with it. I didn't understand what benefits it would have in my case sorry.

Jimi Mack

Hi everyone, I was looking for headphones with ANC (active noise cancellation) for school studies with a max budget of €150/170, I wanted to know which ones you know best reflect these criteria only in terms of sound:

- WARM, relaxed and calm sound

- Accommodating sound, not tiring, even after 1/2 hour of continuous listening

I ask because I would like to rely on a personal experience (albeit not totally objective), therefore in first person or through reviews.

I want to clarify that I am not in the least interested in "Fidelity of the sound", and the "Accuracy of the headset", therefore in the perception of all the differences in listening and the distinction of frequencies. Since it will be a passive listening headset, not an active one, I'm only interested in the generality of the sound, such as immediate impact.

In addition to the sound described, I don't know if you have any idea (if you've ever heard it) of a sound/timbre in the headphones that is so particular as to help you achieve mental focus and be a little more concentrated (such as tuning to 432 Hz or sounds binaural, but that depends on the headphones) if you think about it for a moment... I ask because to my knowledge, i.e. with the headphones I've listened to, I've never known a sound that would help me be more concentrated, as well as being Warm and not neutral /flat.

So I ask you among the ANC headphones that you know which ones have a Warm, more relaxing and calm and more satisfying sound for you, not tiring even with prolonged listening. And those that in addition to this we have a characteristic (if any) of the sound that makes listening more pleasant on a mental level, and that helps to achieve a focus on what you have to do.

(I had selected these, which for me are ok not considering the sound.
Among these I have no idea which one is closest to the sound I would like)
Anker Soundcore Space Q45
Anker Soundcore Life Q35
Anker Soundcore Life Q30
Anker Soundcore Life Q20
Wyze Noise-Cancelling
Sony WH-XB910N
AKG N700NC M2
Razer Opus black
JBL TUNE 750BTNC
Sony Wh-Xb900N
Skullcandy Hesh ANC
Sony WH-CH700N
Bose quietcomfort 35 II
JBL Live 660NC
Sony WH-CH710N
JBL Tune 760NC
JBL Live 650BTNC
Plantronics BackBeat Go 810
Sennheiser HD 450BT
With your statement of "I want to clarify that I am not in the least interested in "Fidelity of the sound", and the "Accuracy of the headset".

I would say go with the Soundcore, they have a wonderful app that will allow you to completely change and adjust the sound to what you want at any given moment. You can make them as smooth and relaxing or harsh and very forward all depending on your requirements.

Top Bottom