• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphone Distribution Amps for critical listening?

makinao

Hi. Does anyone have experience with headphone distribution amps like the AKG HP4E, or Mackie HM-400, or Behringer HA8000 V2? I know they are designed for studio tracking and stage monitoring. But are they clean enough for critical listening too?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've used the HA8000 V2 in a studio setting. It seemed clean enough for the musicians recording. It didn't have any obvious problems the few times I've used it. The phones I had were pretty easy loads as phones go.

Don't know what use you have in mind. Might want to look at the P16 gear. That is really for musicians to get multiple feeds and be able to mix the feeds to their wishes while recording. Maybe the bass guitar player wants to hear mostly the drummer to keep time, and maybe the vocalist wants to hear a piano for hitting the notes, and other players other things. They get to mix them for themselves from a common feed.

Top Bottom