• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphone Amps That Line Out Can Be Used With Headphones Plugged In?

unfit327

Hi All,
I currently have the schiit magni 3+ modi 3 stack. I love the sound from this stack but really dislike the fact that I have to unplug my headphones every time I want to switch to my speakers. I'm having a hard time finding amps that have a selectable output other than the new Topping L30, which I have recently read is having some issues with blowing out peoples headphones, or the Topping DX3 Pro which also has its own set of issues for V1 and supposedly the Amp in V2 is not great. The only other option I have found that I am considering is switching my setup to the Loxjie D30 which is all in one and does everything I need. Im just worried it will not sound as good as my Schiit stack. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Edit: Also forgot to add, trying to keep the price of amp/dac or combo under $300

threni

Major Contributor
I'm having a hard time finding amps that have a selectable output other than the new Topping L30, which I have recently read is having some issues with blowing out peoples headphones

If the only reason for not getting the L30 is that you think it'll kill your cat then that's a known, fixed problem; just make sure you get one with a serial number starting 2012.

OP
U

unfit327

If the only reason for not getting the L30 is that you think it'll kill your cat then that's a known, fixed problem; just make sure you get one with a serial number starting 2012.

Well thats good to know that they have fixed it. It has everything I want albeit after finding the loxjie d30 if the sound is comparable the price is unbeatable.

Top Bottom