• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphone Amplifier WITH Microphone Support Looking For Options

scarte1

Before creating a user login, and posting this I looked on the site for hours... I do not know what exactly I am looking for so it is difficult to find an answer.

I have been looking for a small desktop setup that can do multiple things....

$2500 budget for the electronics - I need a setup that does the following -
  • Make phone calls / speak on teams meetings through the unit connected to my PC. It needs to take 3.5mm single ended IEM's (that have microphones) and over the ear headphones that are 3,5mm single ended with microphones. I am trying to avoid a standalone microphone (for lots of reasons).
  • I listen to music 50% of my day and the other 50% is on phone calls (I use the apps on my PC through RingCentral and Microsoft Teams).
  • I have headphones that range in spec all the way up to 600ohms (that I use for music only sometimes).
  • Ideally this will be an all in 1 solution or 2 small units that stack.
  • Ideally MQA would be supported (I listen almost exclusively to Tidal on my PC).

I already have the Schiit HEL, the SoundBlasterX G6 and FX4. I would like something more. Power has not been an issue with the IEM's (UE Live, 64 Audio A18 and Westone ES80). With the over the ear headphones I rarely grad the 600 ohm pair as they seem underpowered.

I am looking for something that can do everything listed above. My PC does NOT have an optical output. I cannot change the soundcard. The PC is a work machine that is upgraded every 2 years or so. No ability to add a PC soundcard or optical output. The PC has USB output.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE>

staticV3

Master Contributor
The only devices with 3.5mm TRRS headset combo jacks are stuff like the Apple A2049, Ugreen 80583, Sound Blaster X1.

I'm sure there's a few of these dongles with TRRS headset jack and MQA support, though I only know the Ztella.

Burki

Burson Audio has for example with the Soloist 3x Performance (I'm using iton a third system) a headphone amp with a IEM input include microphone. For headphones, which a needing a lot of power, there is balanced and unbalanced input.
If you need an USB DAC included, then you can try the Conductor 3GT or 3XGT.

Koloth

Or you buy a 3$ adapter and split the mic- and headphone-signals *before* going into a dedicated usb DAC/headamp and plugging the in-line-mic directly into the mic-in of the tower. It wouldnt be the tidiest solution - but certainly the simplest and cheapest, thus freeing you to use any headphone amplifier / usb dac you want.

Top Bottom