• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphone amplifier with balanced pass-through?

Veri

Master Contributor
Just wondering if anyone knows of any... for example, the THX 789/887 have SE passthrough but not balanced.
So far haven't found any that offer this.

Thanks for any tips :)

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So your looking for a something like the THX 789/788 that will take in a balanced signal and then output it using a balanced connection?

GokieKS

I assume he wants something that will let him hook up the HP amp to a DAC, and then also have it output to speakers. I'm not aware of any off the top of my head, and it's definitely a feature that's uncommon enough that my suggestion would just to be to use either a Y splitter cable or a input/output switcher box instead rather than trying to limit yourself to only HP amps that have it.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My next headphone amplifier, the upcoming Topping A90 has a balanced pass-through:
index.php

Martin

OP
Veri

Veri

Master Contributor
My next headphone amplifier, the upcoming Topping A90 has a balanced pass-through:
index.php

Martin
Yes so far this is the main contender. It's not a real pass-through though as far as I know but a pre-out, but given the ultra low distortion it shouldn't really matter. Thanks.

Top Bottom