• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

headphone amplifier repair recommendations please (Stax solid state)

brimble

Forum Donor
Hello!

I have a Stax SRM-3 amplifier which I bought from Japan some years ago and had converted to run on 240V mains by a local amplifier repairer.

It's always had a slight hum, and recently it's developed some distortion in one channel.

Can anyone recommend a repairer? It would be great if they were in Australia, but I'll consider repairers anywhere. Except Antarctica.

Many thanks!

the_brunx

I would just send it to a local electronic repair shop and ask if they can do it or get advice from them If I were you. If I were me I would repair it myself. It’s probably the Elco caps need replacement and all the pots need to be sprayed with contact cleaner. But if you want to do it professionally/officially then I guess you can email stax and ask them

Top Bottom