• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphone amp used as pre-amp

gino1961

I bought it around 2005 together with the Atoll 200 power-amp. Didn't like the power amp, so I traded that in for the Croft 7R.
Then later I bought a Threshold Fet 2, but after a while came to the conclusion I liked the Atoll better (better definition and more spacious) so I sold
the Threshold again. Now, sadly, It's giving me trouble. I've read somewhere that the older Atolls suffer from bad soldering, but I'm not sure of that.
Hi sorry to disturb you but if you really like the sound from your Atoll i would try to get it serviced anyway
Anyway i would very much appreciated your opinion of the Sabaj as line preamp given that you have already such great preamp for comparison
I am getting mad to find a decent remote controlled volume solution for a nice price My system is quite low end at the moment
Thanks a lot and kind regards, gino

gino1961

Hi thanks a lot for the kind and valuable advice Very very nice unit indeed
5 times the price of the little and cute Sabaj
that by the way could be more than good enough for me
I am waiting for the listening comparison and then i will decide
kind regards gino :)

Top Bottom