• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphone amp/pre with L/R balance control

groovybassist

Forum Donor
Due to some progressive hearing loss in my left ear, I’m beginning to explore the market of headphone amps/pre’s with a L/R balance control.

Obvious contenders on the upper end of the scale are the Benchmark HPA4 and Bryston BHA1. Any other high performance rigs people are aware of? High build quality and reliability are a must for me - I hate dealing with gear on the fritz.

TIA for any other leads.

Barone Birra

Due to some progressive hearing loss in my left ear, I’m beginning to explore the market of headphone amps/pre’s with a L/R balance control.

Obvious contenders on the upper end of the scale are the Benchmark HPA4 and Bryston BHA1. Any other high performance rigs people are aware of? High build quality and reliability are a must for me - I hate dealing with gear on the fritz.

TIA for any other leads.
Sparkos Aries
Luxman P-750u
Niimbus US4 / US5, as well some Violectric (V220, V281, V550)

Top Bottom