• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphone amp connect to tape out of integreated?

lopchu

Hi all and sorry, if this has been asked before here:

I have an integrated stereo amp (NAD 3020) and currently use headphone out of it. But an Atom is on it's way and I wondered how to best connect it.

"Use the tape out of the integrated."

This seems to me to be the standard answer. And it would be super convenient because I wouldn't have to switch cables and could select mt record player as the source.

Just to be on the safe side: anything wrong with this approach? If so, any better alternatives?

Alternatives I can think of:
Technically, I guess, it would also be possible to connect the Atom via RCA out to an input of the integrated but then there would be a double volume control and no possibility of adding the turntable to the party without buying a phono pre. The third solution would be to directly connect the Topping D10 to the Atom. But this would mean switching cables if I want to use the speakers and hence the integrated amp. And again no record player connected to the Atom.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just to be on the safe side: anything wrong with this approach? If so, any better alternatives?
That is a good approach. The line level output should be a good match. No alternative that I can think of.

Top Bottom