• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HE6se V2 Amplifier recommendations in the $150-$300 Range

Jamesj562

After using Sundara’s for about a week I came across HE6se V2 for $550 new. I bought them as most people suggested that they were a superior performing headphone.

What is everyone’s preferred amp for this I would like to keep it under $350ish USD preferably in the $180-250 range if possible. Balanced would be a plus but not critical. After about an hour of searching the thx789 seemed like a good fit. How about the topping a50s or schitt Magnius? Thank you all for helping me out, and apologies if this is a more obvious question than I am interpreting.

PeteDzi

You'll need a fairly powerful amp.
I have a pair of these phones and currently drive them using RME ADI-2 DAC, but i want to experiment with more amps.
I just ordered a Schiit Jotunheim 2 - because i read in various places that it is a good combination. But that is just outside of your budget (and double your ideal budget). I expect it will be 6-8 weeks before i can give my opinion on that combination,'cause Schiit is struggling to make these fast enough.
There is the topping A30pro, and I heard that some people preferred that to the more expensive topping A90.

PeteDzi

There is another thread on this forum dedicated to this question:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
After using Sundara’s for about a week I came across HE6se V2 for $550 new. I bought them as most people suggested that they were a superior performing headphone.

What is everyone’s preferred amp for this I would like to keep it under $350ish USD preferably in the $180-250 range if possible. Balanced would be a plus but not critical. After about an hour of searching the thx789 seemed like a good fit. How about the topping a50s or schitt Magnius? Thank you all for helping me out, and apologies if this is a more obvious question than I am interpreting.
Drop thx 789 if its on for $200 again. No brainer.

Top Bottom