• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HE1000 Eq

edahl

Anyone run the HE1000 (v1) here? I got a used pair trying to dial in my RME ADI-2 DAC FS EQ profile. What are you running?

Overall I think the stock tonality is pretty good coming from the HD800S, but the treble is a bit loose and tinny and vocals could use some help to really come to the fore. Upping bass also helps more than I like to admit.

Fredsvv

Anyone run the HE1000 (v1) here? I got a used pair trying to dial in my RME ADI-2 DAC FS EQ profile. What are you running?

Overall I think the stock tonality is pretty good coming from the HD800S, but the treble is a bit loose and tinny and vocals could use some help to really come to the fore. Upping bass also helps more than I like to admit.

I have an HE-1000 V1. It's almost a must change the pads for the V2 version and buy a new cable. I don't know why, but the Stock Hifiman cable make the HE-1000 more agressive on the highs.

OP
edahl

edahl

I have an HE-1000 V1. It's almost a must change the pads for the V2 version and buy a new cable. I don't know why, but the Stock Hifiman cable make the HE-1000 more agressive on the highs.
I'm skeptical of the effects from a new cable, but a pad change is very viable. Are there any mods people do, and do they work?

Fredsvv

I'm skeptical of the effects from a new cable, but a pad change is very viable. Are there any mods people do, and do they work?

I'm skeptical too, but when the cable is not well made, mainly on the 'Y', with a poor weld, bad connector. Hifiman make terrible cables. For me the cable only needs to pass the signal, but for it we don't need an expensive cable. Only we'll made. There's a mod thar you put a denser foam on the vague space inside the cup, at the sides. It fills the empty space. Sorry about my English, I'm from Brazil.

OP
edahl

edahl

I'm skeptical too, but when the cable is not well made, mainly on the 'Y', with a poor weld, bad connector. Hifiman make terrible cables. For me the cable only needs to pass the signal, but for it we don't need an expensive cable. Only we'll made. There's a mod thar you put a denser foam on the vague space inside the cup, at the sides. It fills the empty space. Sorry about my English, I'm from Brazil.
Have you tried it? If so does it really help? I think stuff like steel string guitars are so diffuse compared to the 800S

Top Bottom