• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HDTracks stopped carrying MQA format files

m8o

Forum Donor
I recently bought an MQA capable DAC; not for its MQA, but it has it (X16). So figured I would tip my toes in the MQA waters.

I'm a music buyer, not a music streamer. As HDTracks is also my preferred music vendor, I requested assistance from them when I could not find any. I was told:

"HDtracks recently stopped offering MQA titles pending a decision from management. I do not know if MQA titles will be offered again." Hmm!

Doesn't seem that I can buy TIDAL Masters w/o a subscription (again, not an option). Can I? Another big MQA download vendor I find is overseas and prevents me from purchasing from them.

So, where is someone like me to buy the millions of Warner Music titles they are marketing?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Sorry, but there are endless threads about MQA with the discussion going in the direction of it's a solution in search of a problem. Acquire the music you love and don't worry about MQA. Your DAC is probably excellent as most are these days.

OP
M

m8o

Forum Donor
Seems it makes the most sense in eeking out the "best sound" from the "smallest size". As a local music user, I realize that is not a concern. Just wanted to hear what the fuss was all about.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Smaller size makes more sense in streaming where the trafic is significant to thousands or millions of users. for local storage not so much . For local storage also choose flac as it is open source and non proprietary and has good tag support.

For the endless discussion on MQA do search out the other treads.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
If you want to compare with/without MQA try the samples from 2l.no - they're decent recordings but as always we have to take their word for it that they're not otherwise altered.

OP
M

m8o

Forum Donor
Just added 627 Album in MQA format in HD tracks.

HDTracks MQA
:eek: much thanx for the fyi! I will head over and have a look at the titles.

Edit: anyone else reading this thread update, this thread topic is strictly about buying and downloading mqa in the USA. Please don't turn this thread into anything else but that. Early replies started down that road. Glad they or that stopped.

Last edited:
Top Bottom