• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HDtracks, previously known for shit you don't listen to...

mkarikom

aphex.png

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
??????????????????

OP
M

mkarikom

its a joke: search for something not in their catalog, and they show you random stuff from their catalog...

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
its a joke: search for something not in their catalog, and they show you random stuff from their catalog...
Did you search for Aphex Twin? Dunno who that is. I'd probably return random stuff too, If queried. :oops:

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
But wouldn't that mean HDTracks should actually have their music? ;)

Somafunk

Major Contributor
“Can’t relate to people who choose to play this on their Hi-Fi system.”

I can’t relate to people who can’t relate to what others relate to

Richard James could be described as one of the most influential and innovative electronic artists of the previous 30 years.

dougi

When I was 25 years younger I could listen to him and enjoy it. Not on the hifi now though.

diddley

Forum Donor
I remember their wild strange video clip, but i don't know the title of that song, but i loved the video.

Svperstar

Can’t relate to people who choose to play this on their Hi-Fi system.

Aphex has been making music for 30 years. You listened to one song. Give it more of a chance:

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Aphex has been making music for 30 years. You listened to one song. Give it more of a chance:
Just listened to that video - actually that's one of the kinds of music I like quite a bit - though Aphex Twin is new to me. Bersarin Quartett is a bit like them, and there are a lot of contemporary classical works being written in this vein such as this performed by the Iceland Symphony Orchestra.

Back in my music composition days, some of my music was similar; I used the Fairlight CMI.

Svperstar

Just listened to that video - actually that's one of the kinds of music I like quite a bit - though Aphex Twin is new to me.

You might like Selected Ambient Works Volume 2. It has a lot of great tracks tho due to how old it is has some recording artifacts, clicks and pops:

OP
M

mkarikom

You might like Selected Ambient Works Volume 2. It has a lot of great tracks tho due to how old it is has some recording artifacts, clicks and pops:

saw ii is my favorite from afx!

here's another fav from across the pond, a bit darker...

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I mean, that’s cool if I just wanted some zen music in the background, but not something I’d go to play on my system to actively listen to (and I have heard more than 1 song, like Saint Michael & Come to Daddy; and that song I linked to was off an album he won a Grammy for).

Svperstar

I mean, that’s cool if I just wanted some zen music in the background, but not something I’d go to play on my system to actively listen to (and I have heard more than 1 song, like Saint Michael & Come to Daddy; and that song I linked to was off an album he won a Grammy for).

Ambient music might not be your thing then. I have tried to get into Country but I just don't like the genre. Too each his own.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Ambient music might not be your thing then. I have tried to get into Country but I just don't like the genre. Too each his own.
Has anybody done "ambient country"? Might be an interesting genre. :rolleyes: I once wrote a country rap song for a movie I was doing the score for.

OP
M

mkarikom

Has anybody done "ambient country"? Might be an interesting genre. :rolleyes: I once wrote a country rap song for a movie I was doing the score for.

Nice, what movie?
Politely requesting that @amirm add "Artist" flair so you can have that on your profile in addition to "Manufacturer".

Neil Young's Dead Man soundtrack has some pretty ambient rock stuff (maybe not country, but you could argue that country is also about that melancholy mood, which for soundtracks can't truly be separated from the filmic text, and this movie is very melancholy):

Last edited:
Top Bottom