• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HDMI to USB Windows.

Aden Low

Hi All,

I am trying to extract 24bit 192kHz audio from HDMI Source (HDMI 2.0).

Is there any device that are able to do that? I am hoping to find one that can be connected to my Windows Laptop via USB and have the laptop recognize the device as an audio input source.

If there are no device that can do the above, I hope to find a device that can extract the audio signal and have it output via a digital cable connection.

Looking forward to any advice or recommendations.

Lots of Thanks.. :)

staticV3

Master Contributor
You can do that with any HDMI Audio Extractor (there are hundreds on Amazon) plus something like this: https://hifimediy.com/product/hifime-ur23-spdif-optical-to-usb-converter/

The UR23 comes with a Toslink to mini Toslink cable to connect the two, but it is limited to 24/96 unfortunately.

There are also audio interfaces with Toslink input and support for 24/192, but there you're paying for a whole lot more than just a Toslink to USB converter.
E.g. the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 3rd Gen

Last edited:
Top Bottom