• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HDMI splitter than is not garbage?

Pancreas

I bought this splitter on a sale $105, but it normally costs $160-170, is garbage

I bought it to be able to split the PS5 to both my 4k monitor and 4k TV, so I can play either at my desk or laying down on my bed. The PS5 only has one HDMI input.

This splitter sucks, sometimes it works, sometimes there is no signal. At times, the monitor shows the PS5 signal, but the TV doesn't or viceversa. Its an actual splitter and is supposed to show the image on both at the same time. Most of the time, it doesn't.

I bought new HDMI 2.1 certified braided cables from Monoprice, so they're good, it still fails and is not consistent. I'm getting tired of it, I think I'm going to return it and just keep my ps5 connected to the TV. I can't be unplugging and plugging HDMI cables on the PS5 as it it will wear out the connector.

I know there is the HD fury HDMI splitter but they cost $500, I mean just to have the convenience of playing on both devices? Not worth it just for that.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom