• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HDMI ARC Time lag and Oppo-205

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know if the Oppo205 has an adjustment for time lag of audio/video feeds?

I know some AV units can resolve these time delays, but not seeing much in the Oppo manual. This is not a disk play issue; instead, it happens when watching Youtube on an LG OLED TV when using my stereo speakers for playback to get better SQ. LG TV ---> Oppo ---> amp/speakers

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know if the Oppo205 has an adjustment for time lag of audio/video feeds?

I know some AV units can resolve these time delays, but not seeing much in the Oppo manual. This is not a disk play issue; instead, it happens when watching Youtube on an LG OLED TV when using my stereo speakers for playback to get better SQ. LG TV ---> Oppo ---> amp/speakers

P. 61 in the 205 user manual covers time delay settings for A/V sync. PP. 70-71 cover the same topic for individual channel delay in multichannel applications.

Reactions: Wes

Robocop

I've only discovered this thread. I own a 205 and have had problems with audio syncing after one of the 205 software updates. Consultation with Oppo did not resolve it. It only occurs using HDMI input from either a TV decoder or PC. It is random in its appearance. The only solution I found was to go into Oppo menu select Audio Output Setup select HDMI Audio format and change it from its current setting to another. Generally mine is either Auto or PCM. Doing this resolves it till the next.

Apart from this small glitch its one amazing machine the sync issue does not happen on any other input. Robert

Last edited:
Top Bottom