• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HD800S - painfully bright?

Shadow12347

Forum Donor
as I have yet to find a good FLAC player with PEQ.

Have you tried JRiver? That's what I use at work and at home, and I have yet to find anything else that can compare to it's feature set. I use the StereoTool/Thimeo Perfect Declipper VST, which works great in that as well. I wanted to go Roon, but just couldn't part with VST support, so ultimately, for me anyways, JRiver is my go to player. It also has builtin graphical and parametric EQ. You can also change the order of plugins, so I can first de-clip the audio and lower the overall output for the headroom needed to apply PEQ afterwards.

OP
T

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you tried JRiver?

My fault, I meant for Android. I know there's a JRemote, am I completely missing a JRiver port?

But yes, I quite like JRiver and I'm currently setting up my HTPC for multi-zone output with room correction via VST. I just really wish I could find a Win10 equivalent for OS X drift correction so I could put all these dongle DACs to good use

Shadow12347

Forum Donor
My fault, I meant for Android. I know there's a JRemote, am I completely missing a JRiver port?

Ah sorry, I assumed for PC. There is a JRiver app for Android (separate from JRemote), but it's been in beta for a long time, and doesn't have anywhere near the feature set of the desktop app, or the usability of literally any other audio app for Android haha.

I mostly use UAPP, but that doesn't have PEQ. Not too sure on a good one with that.

Top Bottom