• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Turki

Hi,

I have a Topping L50 E50 stack and connect it with TCT1 TRS cable.

OIP.jpg
OIP.jpg

I also have an HD6XX and this cable came with it:
images.jpg

I have a question if one of these wires would give a better audio experience?
Screenshot 2023-01-24 135535.png
Screenshot 2023-01-24 140344.png

Thank you

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You could get yourself a balanced cable for the HD6XX - it won't sound any better (if level matched with the single ended connection), but it might 'scratch an itch' :)

The Sennheiser cables are balanced already (they have two pairs of conductors. You can make a balanced cable yourself by cutting off the 3.5mm plug and soldering on a balanced connector (I did this with a 4.4mm Pentacon plug for my HD 660 S). However, you can buy a Senneiser cable with a 4-pin XLR connector (and it looks like a decent Neutrik plug) for just over £20, so it's probably not worth the bother...

BONUS: You can make a balanced 2.5mm to XLR adapter for your IEMs if you're feeling fruity... https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ct-balanced-2-5mm-to-4-pin-xlr-adapter.37073/

jae

Major Contributor
The amp has a lot of power and will effortlessly drive the HD6XX in both balanced and single-ended to deafening levels, also the specs are virtually similar for both so there will be no audible difference. So the cable won't change anything with this particular setup. If you absolutely want another cable for some other reason (maybe you want a longer/shorter length or something that looks more aesthetic), I'd suggest something like the Tripowin GranVia or Hart Audio balanced (4-pin XLR) cable, and then you can use a 4XLR to whatever adapter if you ever need to use your headphone on another device that does not have XLR balanced and only 4.4mm balanced or SE. If you're strictly looking to find a sound quality improvement, then save your money, the cable won't change anything in that regard.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Short answer. No

I think you are all being a bit hasty. There is more to the 'audio experience' than just how well something measures electrically when considering something like a headphone cable (which is essentially worn by the user). Cable length/flexibility/microphonics and plug quality/construction/length can also have a large impact on the 'experience' - but hopefully not the sound: )

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think you are all being a bit hasty. There is more to the 'audio experience' than just how well something measures electrically when considering something like a headphone cable (which is essentially worn by the user). Cable length/flexibility/microphonics and plug quality/construction/length can also have a large impact on the 'experience' - but hopefully not the sound: )
I own those cans and there is little micro-phonics with the stock cable. I did buy a replacement only because I needed something 4 meters. It wasn't very expensive compared to a stock Senn replacement.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I own those cans and there is little micro-phonics with the stock cable. I did buy a replacement only because I needed something 4 meters. It wasn't very expensive compared to a stock Senn replacement.

I've been looking at the OKCSC HDB2 cable for my HD 660 S so I can use them with my Qudelix 5K...

OKCSC also make Sennheiser adapters that can be used with standard IEM cables (MMCX and 2 pin 0.78), but I think they are a bit pricey for what they are...

Top Bottom