• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HD650 Earpads Life

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
These are cheap alternatives and only change the sound slightly.

HD650 vs cheap knock-off Ali-Express

View attachment 132389
I just got a pair of these and they're really good. I have an HD650 with original fairly used pads (the original ones, not the new ones with the shiny mounting ring). They took 2-3 weeks to arrive, but completely worth it, they sound great! Going to stockpile a couple of these since they fit other models I buy and sell often. The originals I got are worn some so the added fresh thickness really helps with soundstage. Mids sound terrific like vocals, and the treble doesn't sound much different since not much hits at the peak at 15.5khz. Going to throw into a game and try, for the price it's a win compared to the perforated pleather Brainwavz which was ok but sounded a little off with the different material, and not in a good way. They pushed into place firmly, just didn't make the stock click, but you can't pull them out easily so they're seated well. I used the foam that came with them, and holding them up to the light they look like the same density. Bargain if you have the time to wait for shipping. Looking at the invoice, it was just shy of 3 weeks to get here.

Top Bottom